Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    What a lot of people don't realise is that clutch power transmission is more to do with shear forces than direct spring pressure.

2. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I just bought me a new video camera to use on the bike and in my sports car. I have been wanting to do videos for some years now. It comes with a helmet mount, a handlebar mount, and a few other bits, and runs on 5v USB power. The battery is supposed to last 12 hours. I am looking forward to doing some riding videos, as well as some stuff with my car. I may have to make my own "rig" for the car. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Have fun with your new tech, @Wire-Wheels! :) Hope to see some of your riding videos here on the forum at some point. Which camera did you buy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    We can't wait to see your first production :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I got these throw over panniers https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/281847 in the sale so have been in the garage experimenting with fitting them to both bikes; think I have it sorted (fingers crossed :)). I have a tailpack that I have been using for the trips away we have had, but it takes an age to secure on the Street Triple due to the short tail and lack of anchor points (much easier on the Blade). Helmut's tail pack has pretty much fallen apart so I thought I'd try the panniers and he can have the decent tail pack.

• Like Like x 4
  6. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Those look perfect and you know they’re going to be good quality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    They seem great - no need for a frame as they come with inserts to keep them rigid and I can get them immovable on the bikes empty so hopefully full they'll be grand.

8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Will these fit the Street Triple without any sort of pannier rails? I would definitely be interested if so. I need to look at some sort of luggage options apart from my little tail bag.

9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I fitted them just now and they certainly seem to fit well without rails when empty - I bought them mainly after a few people on a Street Triple group I am on recommended them and they use them without rails. I'll try them full asap (debating this weekend but am having a car / bike dilemma as the weather looks a bit iffy for many hours on a bike being a pleasure).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I just bought an inexpensive one. I might invest more money if I enjoy it. The main thing I found about cameras is to make sure they are compatible with all your other electronics. I use Android and PC based equipment. Here at the house, I have built quite a wireless network for all my activities. I already have 2 cameras I used for Zoom sessions during the Pandemic. After I practice a bit, maybe I can post some stuff. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    They look similar to some soft throw overs I bought some years ago (Oxford Cargo IIRC) for trips on the ZZR, plus an Oxford cylindrical type holdall across the back seat, all waterproof. I stuck some foam padding to the undersides of the panniers for extra protection. Unlike the agricultural looking adventure bikes that seem so popular these days, modern bikes with acres of plastic bodywork aren't very luggage friendly unless you buy the manufacturer's matching hard luggage costing £££. In my panniers and pack I can get a 4 midget tent, inflatable mattress & pillow, 12v pump, sleeping bag, small gas stove, steel mug, milk, tea bags plus a small toiletries bag and towel. More than enough for a few days away riding/exploring.:grinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    These certainly look like they'll hold everything I need; I tend to travel light anyway :).

13. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 First Class Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    A thin red line patch to stick on my riding jacket.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    out with old and in with the new

20230630_113527 (Medium).jpg

20230707_105740 (Medium).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
  16. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    One of these for my Belstaff Turner jacket. Not taking chances any more - I'm not a cat!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    It's quicker than the old one, but the integrated sat-nav is a pile of %$£^

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Congratulations on your new bike.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I use that very back protector, @learningtofly. I'm very happy with it. Loads of protection and it's very flexible and comfortable and does a reasonable job of flowing air. And, no, don't take chances any more! :heart:

• Like Like x 1
  20. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    If you've not already thought of this make sure any paintwork they touch is well protected to avoid it getting scratched. A few layers of gaffer tape will do if you're not going to use them much or some helicopter tape if yiu want a more robust solution;)

• Useful Useful x 2