America Whats Replacing?

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Tony Sirett, Apr 1, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    firstly my appologies for not posting in ages, usual excuses work, family, more work and yet more work....

well it's almost time for me to think about changing my America but i see they have stopped producing them... or at least you can't buy a new one, so has anyoe got any ideas what they will be replacing it with?

mind you i'm leaning more towards the Thunderbird for my next bike, i hate running out of speed....

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Tony, have you not seen the new 1200 America and Speedmaster - right up your street I would think ????

3. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    no, not seen that, have been looking on the Triumph web site and all it shows is the Thunderbird and the rocket

4. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    yuk, not my cup of tea, didn't see it as i was looking in the cruisers section, now if they were to put that engine in an America frame i would be happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Couldn't agree with you any more! :p

You could always do the same as me - get an Aprilia Tuono? :joy:

Might get another America tho', great bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    ooh no thanks, my days of laying flat on a tank with my knees up around my ears are well gone :joy:

7. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    I ride a 2014 T-Bird Commander. It's really comfortable (much more than my 2012 America) and well behaved on the road, but it won't tear through twisty roads as well as you might like. My only gripe is that some of the simple maintenance work is made more difficult by the designers/engineers than it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tony Sirett

Tony Sirett Member

May 13, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Cheers, im looking at the comander as well, i like having footboards, most of my riding is long distance although i do use it daily for work too (50 mile round trip)