Whats It Worth ?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by anthony gothard, Sep 8, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    Debating selling a bike or two to fund new house. some of you will know my bike
    2016 speed triple 94r with 10k on clock loads of carbon, inc wheels,remapped. got 17k in it

Whats a fair price as it is. does have all original parts too

IMAG0347.jpg

2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    £4k10p
    But I'd have to respray the tank black.
    ;)

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You need to itemise the extras and mods also the original parts for a accurate assessment mate

4. anthony gothard

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    #4 anthony gothard, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    BST carbon wheels with ceramic bearings £3k
    Wave discs
    £2k in Carbon parts.. headlight bowls, dash, flyscreen, chain guard, heel kick plates, tank infills, frame infills, rear hugger, front mudguard and side cowls, seat surround, belly pan, radiator cowls, pillion seat cowl. Front sprocket cover
    Ohlins front and rear suspension
    Rad and oil cooler guards
    bar end mirrors
    Competition works GP slip on
    Woolwich racing remap
    Led front indicators
    Integrated rear light / indicators. (different to photo )
    Tail tidy
    anodized reservoirs
    levers changed
    led side lights
    xenon headlights
    Denali sound bomb horn
    comfort seat
    Digital gear indicator
    Frame crash bungs
    Front bobbins
    1 jac bike lift £350
    fully serviced, just had oil done last week
    High flow air filter
    Datatagged
    Datatool alarm

1 owner.. i bought new last year

Probably more, but you get the idea.

All original parts, apart from exhaust which i sold last week.
    All paperwork and keys

Forgot.. original unmarked wheels with tyres as discs

5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Not that I've been looking much :p, but the average price is around £8500 dealer, but yours has higher mileage than average, but a nice set of wheels! So maybe push up to £9k for a private sale. :confused:
    Unfortunately never going to get anywhere near the money back on the carbon bits, not unless you fall lucky with the right buyer. Maybe get £10k.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Put the original parts back on and sell the extras separate,

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Waynedarcie

Waynedarcie Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Southport

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    what a cracking bike,be a shame to have to sell it so soon, and it seems a crime to return it to standard, but you will get more money this way

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Go to webuyanybike and get a valuation then add on £500 to their figure. You will be disappointed with the end figure but it's what you will get selling private.

The extras are not taken into consideration when getting a secondhand price so take them off and sell them separately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Seriously? Don't.

The amount you will realise to put to the house equates to less than £50 a month added to the mortgage.

Look at it this way. Second hand bikes go to dealers at knock down prices or cash buyers. There are plenty of people who will want your bike but precious few, if any, both able and willing to pay what it has cost you. Ultimately it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay and what makes it special to you merely makes it marginally more desirable to a purchaser but not significantly more valuable. It is more in the nature of a tie breaker - like distance to travel.

Finally, you will not get the advertised price. You will haggle down and be left feeling you let it go too cheap. Sell it when you fall out of love - not because your arm is being ripped out of its socket. Money is cheap to borrow on real estate. Look again at your housing budget.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. anthony gothard

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    Cheers fellas. I am going to do my best to keep her. Was just trying to get an approximation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    I went to p/ex a bike with about £5k of extras on and the dealer offered me about an extra £500 saying that the parts are almost worthless second hand. But I know that if he advertised my bike the parts would be worth about £3k when advertised. I ended up selling it private with all the extras on and I probably got an extra £1000 over a standard model, but it didn't sell easily that's for sure.

That's a crackin looking bike and I'm sure adding and sourcing the parts has given you an awful lot of pleasure over the last 18 months, that's the only way to look at it..

Keep it, it won't depreciate much more.

13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

When ever I sell a bike, I always strip the parts off and then sell them seperately. You then have a nice wee pot of money to buy shiny bits for the new bike.
    I know this doesn't apply this time, but you'll never get close to the value of the parts in a sale. When you've spent £5k on bits, you'll do well to get £1k extra on the sale price, a shame, but it is true. Strip and sell, you'll get big money just for the carbon wheels. Sure the triple owners on here would happily give you money for some bargain priced carbon trinkets !!!!

Even if you sell as a whole, keep hold of standard bits, the wheels with tyres & discs will be worth hundreds sold seperately.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Shite dude,
    Keep It!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Yeah, reduced dosage of the happy stuff :p

16. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Keep the bike, sell the P3 private plate on the car!

17. anthony gothard

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    only worth a couple of hundred

18. John H

John H New Member

Jun 6, 2017
    East Yorkshire
    All the bling bits only help to sell a bike, and worth little more otherwise.

19. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I agree with Mr O, strip and sell the after market parts separately, you will get more money for them than leaving them on the bike. In the past I have always removed the after market stuff and sold separate, all parts have always sold for what I asked or very near to it.
    Shame to sell the bike after putting all that effort into transforming it into what you wanted, but needs must sometimes, been there done that!