What3words - Mytriumph Navigation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Charlie what3words, Apr 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Charlie what3words

Apr 24, 2020
    ///filled.count.soap
    I wanted to introduce myself as I look after the partnership between Triumph and what3words.

Triumph is the first motorbike manufacturer to adopt what3words. what3words provides a precise and incredibly simple way to talk about location. We have divided the world into a grid of 3m x 3m squares and assigned each one a unique 3 word address. It means anywhere can be found with 3 simple words.

For bikers, this means that riding to a remote meeting point, building back entrance, specific parking spot etc. is made easy. By typing a 3 word address into the updated My Triumph app, the turn by turn navigation on the TFT display will get you to the exact spot. No more pulling over to check the directions or thinking you’ve arrived only to realise the address isn’t quite right.

The updated MyTriumph app is now live with what3words which you may have already seen and I hope some of you have already played around with sending three word addresses to your TFT for easy navigation (even with the current situation hindering the ability to ride).

We are planning some exciting partnership activity for when the world opens up again but, in the meantime, I will happily answer any questions you have about what3words and the partnership and would welcome any feedback.

Thanks,
    Charlie
    (p.s. as a bike novice, go easy)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    It's not very accurate in other countries, I used it in January and gave my location almost 4km from where I actually was. Google gave my location perfect.

3. Charlie what3words

Apr 24, 2020
    ///filled.count.soap
    Great to hear you have our app @littleade . I'll let you know when B*W see the light on building it into their bikes...

• Like Like x 1
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    We all allready know BMW has its own three words on here, -
    German Ditch Pump :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    Yeah I have it on my phone.

6. Charlie what3words

Apr 24, 2020
    ///filled.count.soap
    Hi @Oz228 , sorry to hear this. The current location three word address is given from your device GPS (which can sometimes be wildly inaccurate). If this is the case, you can refine the map to the 3mx3m square (and attached three word address) that best represents where you are.

Some more explanation can be seen here: https://support.what3words.com/en/a...-somewhere-different-from-where-i-actually-am

• Like Like x 2
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Hi and welcome, haven't a clue what all this stuffs about, I still use maps and sticking me thumb out when in trouble don't have smart anything but it sounds impressive.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    That's is something common to all emergency type systems, including what3words mate. If there is no mobile coverage they are all somewhat irrelevant ;);)

9. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Been trying to download the what3words app all afternoon, with no luck. I live in KS and typically ride alone out in the boonies so I am interested. I have a 19 street triple RS so it might be worth a try even though phone coverage is hit and miss. But it beats waiting for the buzzards to start circling.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    We use WTW when we go on a group ride, its good, my nephew’s a Paramedic in the west country and its used by the emergency services

just a shame you cant use the childish swear words or sexual innuendo, bet you’ve already tried...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Charlie what3words

Apr 24, 2020
    ///filled.count.soap
    Hey @Old dumb arse let me know if you manage to get the app dowloaded.