What Years Clutch Cover Will Fit My 2017 Street Cup?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sullivs, Feb 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sullivs

Sullivs Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2020
    Weldon Spring, Missouri, USA
    Hello All,

I need to pick everyone's collective brain. I have a '17 SC with a nasty gouge in the clutch cover. So I'm looking for a used stock black replacement or, even go with a brushed one that I powder-coat (not chrome). Basically, I'm trying to avoid spending $300.00 for a new one.

Can anyone shed some light on what year ranges, and what models, lump together that encompass my water-cooled twin? The dealer means well, but since the Part Numbers are different between a black one, and say a brushed one on a Street Twin, they think it's entirely different. I find that hard to believe, especially when they use the same gasket!

So, my basic questions are... What year did the engine change enough to alter the engine covers? Will a clutch cover from an air-cooled twin fit? How about a Bonneville or Thruxton?

Thanks much!
    Steve

2. Sullivs

Feb 13, 2020
    So what year was the first water-coolers, 2016? My first thought was sanding it out and repainting. Just have to weigh the trade-off between amount of rework time vs finding a decent used one.

3. K c

K c New Member

Feb 26, 2021
    Kent
    Any liquid cooled cover will fit 900 or 1200 ,as the bottom end off the engine is much the same other than some haveing six gears,

4. Sullivs

Feb 13, 2020
    Thanks KC. Good to know.