What Would Be A Reasonable Asking Price For My T100 Cafe Racer?

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Jimnibob, Feb 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jimnibob

Jimnibob New Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Worksop
    Hi,

I am thinking of advertising my Bonneville T100, which I have customised with a cafe racer look. I have really enjoyed the bike for the past 4 years, but am now looking for another project. This is the first bike I have ever owned and modified so I have no idea where to start with placing a price on it.

I have researched various online sale sites to try and gauge a reasonable starting/asking price, but I am mindful that a) I have never before sold a bike I have modified, b) what owners advertise their bikes for and what they sell for are two different things and c) customised bikes are very much a matter of personal taste.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what a reasonable starting price might be.

The bike is a;

• Triumph Bonneville T100
      • 12,800 miles
      • 12 months MOT and FSH
      • 2003 registration
      • 2 previous owners
      • New bar end mirrors
      • New tyres
      • 2 into 1 TEC exhaust
      • Re-sprayed fuel tank and headlight casing
      • Custom seat
      • BAAK Number one handlebars
      • LED indicators
      • Aftermarket sprocket cover
      • Aftermarket Gear, break and foot rests

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Think Ebay is the best bet. Stick in your asking price and see what it brings not forgetting their rip off fees.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well it’s not really a T100 with a single speedo and no tach never mind all the mods. I suspect it was a straight Bonneville at birth.
    The problem with customising is that you narrow your field of buyers. The guy who loves it might pay top dollar but he equally might not exist at which point your bike becomes somebody else’s restoration.
    Something around the £3k mark for a private sale?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Personally I don’t think it’s worth as much customised as if it were standard.

As Callumity said you’ve narrowed your field of buyers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hiya Jim, as other have intimated what a buyer will see is 1. a bike they like the look of, or not & 2. It's still a 16 yr old Bonny.

Unfortunately unless you are very lucky you're going to lose money. I would put it at £2000 to £2500.

6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I think you are being realistic but worth pitching it higher initially. The other point is that, unseasonal weather aside, it will command more interest in a few months time than with snow round the corner.

7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    But a bike is only worth what somebody else is prepared to pay for it. Your valuation is just that - yours!

8. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    One option is to return the bike to standard for its best price and sell off the parts.

• Agree Agree x 1