What To Look For On 2005 Speed Triple?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Boss, Oct 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Boss

Boss New Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Denmark
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a 2005 Speed Triple with ony 4000km on the clock.
    Should I be worried?

Does this model have problems I need to take care of?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Help me Obi Wan...

Help me Obi Wan... Well-Known Member

Dear Boss,

Check history, check servicing, tyres, general overall condition, take it for a thrash, err sorry test ride. And then decide if you can live with it and driving like an asshole everywhere. I had a 2009 ST, brilliant bike in everything it does, It just made me, at least, drive like an eejit, racing everyone and everything from the lights. Putting car drivers in their place, behind, as they should be.

Oh, welcome. Jezzus, I sound like Marjorie Proops with the above.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Boss
    They are pretty good machines and real fliers and handle very well. I think you will be happy with it. Little trick I do is run my fingers around the brake disc's if the miles are bogus then you have a rough idea by the wear and the same if its been thrashed the same will apply. Generally if it sounds good with little ticking or rattles then its a good bike and said earlier if the service history states proper services at reputable dealers then its worth the chance. We will all be waiting on the photos or decision.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1