Featured What To Do Next

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by step2534, Aug 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. step2534

step2534 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2018
    barnsley Yorkshire
    So that's the question, I bought this new in Sept 2018, I've put a screen and extender on, Motone Monza petrol cap , Motone parcel carrier Motone bar risers. Luggage rack, Motone carb covers. Ive registered it on a non descript 1965 plate. I think I'm going to put on Hagon rear shocks and progressive springs plus michelin tyres and maybe predator shortly exhausts, but that will be next year. The seat was made by Tony Archer, its leather and its on the original black seat base, I have a new brown seat I got off E Bay for 42 pounds so I sacrificed the black one. I do like the bike but got to sort handling. I had a 1971 T120 r oil in frame it had Morgo 750cc conversion it ran on michelins and hagons, it handled like a dream on twistys it would leave this one standing, but I will get there.

20190804_130153.jpg

20190804_130136.jpg

20190804_125744.jpg

20190804_125717.jpg

20190804_125700.jpg

20190804_125732.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Wow, that is a gorgeous looking bike!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Tony Archer!
    He did a fantastic job on the seat of my VFR many years ago.
    Yours looks the business, as does the rest of the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    The fun is never done ! ...Nice ride. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Step2534
    Just get out there and ride the thing. Its nothing like a 71 t120. Its a bigger bike it accelerates faster has more grunt. And in reality it a cruiser not a sports bike and should be ridden as such. But point of interest those oem tyres don't leave a lot to be inspired. On my spirit of 59 I can't wait well I can but they will get replaced by Avon's as soon as I can. Much better road handling tyres.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. step2534

Sep 6, 2018
    barnsley Yorkshire
    Joe, you're right, it's certainly fast and accelerates quick, but doesn't inspire me with confidence in the corners. I'm 86kgs with clobber on and have suspension wound up 2 clicks. I just think new hagons back and front will improve it. I've always liked, micbelins I dont like tyres with a central tread I feel that as they wear they tend to track at low speed, ie when pulling up at traffic lights. But that migbt just be me.

7. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Nice looking bike Keith, your drive needs weeding tho. :yum

8. step2534

Sep 6, 2018
    barnsley Yorkshire
    John Scotcher, It Was 100 pounds Has done me about 5 seats over the years really really good.
    Andy it's this bloody rain can't keep the buggers down can't get down to pull em out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    You have a fine looking bike!Enjoy and be safe.

10. Hudson Valley Bonneville

Jun 30, 2019
    Consider the FOX Shocks from Triumph. On my T120, they're just amazing. Handling in corners went from "whoh, weird" to "oh that was fun!" On straights, the rear is both tighter and smoother. Love them.

Haven't done fronts yet, but you'll want both. I wanted to get a sense of the rear before chosing the fronts.

Also, with that beautiful seat, maybe some grip matching leather grips, or a tank strap would looks nice.

Great bike!!!! I have the same color t120, but went in a different direction. Love your choices.

11. Hudson Valley Bonneville

Jun 30, 2019
    Consider the FOX Shocks from Triumph. On my T120, they're just amazing. Handling in corners went from "whoh, weird" to "oh that was fun!" On straights, the rear is both tighter and smoother. Love them.

Haven't done fronts yet, but you'll want both. I wanted to get a sense of the rear before chosing the fronts.

Also, with that beautiful seat, maybe some matching leather grips, or a tank strap would looks nice.

Great bike!!!! I have the same color t120, but went in a different direction. Love your choices.

12. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    I really like what you've done to your bike but there's a big thing i don't like is the seat colour. I know we all have our own tastes but i just doesn't blend into the colour scheme of the paintwork. Am really sorry if ive upset you

13. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I had the same thing with my Beemer. It seems to be fashionable (retro?) to go with a brown seat and BMW only did a bench seat in brown, so I bought one and had it recovered in black.
    Much better looking to me, then again I think the fashion of brown shoes with a blue suit makes the wearer look like a twat too. :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. step2534

Sep 6, 2018
    barnsley Yorkshire
    Hudson valley,I will have a look at the FOX shocks. Is brown retro then I don't know. But like Track I got a bmw with a shitty brown seat and got it 're covered black because it wasn't right. As far as upsetting me i would only get upset if you smacked me on me nose. I tell you what i have cosidered though is taking it to Aldens and getting Den to make me one but that's all for next year hopefully

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Hagon rear shocks and TEC progressive springs did the trick for my T120 without busting the bank. Mark

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Hi Step
    Is that seat as comfy as it looks ? and was it made so or just recovered, if so do you know what sort of padding was used. good price as well.
    To get a comfy seat seems difficult these days.

17. step2534

Sep 6, 2018
    barnsley Yorkshire
    Pottsy, yes it's very comfortable and I can still slide back. I couldn't say what foam it is but I've no doubt if you give him a bell he will tell you. It is new foam, not just 're covered, I got leather because I don't consciously set off in the rain.