What Software Do I Need For Using My Obd Cable

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by NivenDaytona675, Nov 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. NivenDaytona675

NivenDaytona675 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    South Africa, Gauteng
    Hi All,

As the title suggests im loking for software to use my OBD cable with on my Triumph Daytona 675 2008 model.
    Who can reccomend a safe website or possibly give me a zip file that i may use to get the interface for connecting my OBD cable to my bike.

I have a golf and these also use an OBD cable which is the same as the port on the Triumph daytonas, i just need the software to interface with the cable :)

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    Not looking to load maps or fiddle with anything but rather to run diagnostics and see possible errors, all in the name of learning how to work on my bike. :)

2. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire

Tuneece

http://www.tuneecu.com/

Used it to remap my Bonneville after swapping the exhaust.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That's the one - you have to follow the links to the download and install the correct drivers for your operating system (ie. 32 bit or 64 bit) and save it all to your hard drive (Drive C normally).

4. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Another thought has just occurred to me, something I should have put in my original post.

Your cable might not work with the bike.

I have two cars and both have the same OBD socket but the Fiat requires a specific cable. Fiat's attempt to stop people doing their own diagnostics, they wired up their cars slightly differently.

So I ended up with a cable for each car and when I bought the Bonneville neither of the cables would see the bike so I ended up buying one off fleabay that stated it was Triumph compatible. Not expensive, I think it cost me about £8. I also borrowed one from a mate, he has a Vauxhall, also didn't work.

When you connect Tuneecu to the bike if it doesn't see the bike and connect don't spend ages trying to get it to work, the chances are it's the cable. Get onto fleabay and get one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Make sure that any cable you buy has the FTDI chipset or it will not work with the drivers for TuneECU.

• Like Like x 2