Thruxton What Pipes ?

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Cleevo, Oct 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cleevo

Cleevo New Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Australia
    Just wondering if someone out there could give me some advice, if you had a choice between the Vance and Hinse or the Predator pro pipes for the Thruxton r what would you go ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have the predators on my 900 efi thrux, ones before the pro, lovely sound but over here in the UK they kept failing MOT for noise:mad:, don't know how the Law treats them over there, although I know that you can get a removable baffle for the Predator Pro pipes to stick in when needed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cleevo

Cleevo New Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Australia

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cleevo

Cleevo New Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Australia
    Ahhh too deadly thanks for the reply, I'm trying to go for the scorpion de cat headers combined with either of the slip ons mentioned! Not sure if they will do it over here, I can get all the goods but the bike shops not too keen to put it all together saying they might be liable blah blah blah hehehehe
    Checked out the Thruxton r that I'm keen on but might wait for the 2019 model and do the mods myself

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Think I would go the predators. But maybe that's as I have had bad experience with Vance and Hines. I found they were quite prepared to sell me an exhaust system complete but not a replacement bracket that had snapped. And by the way welcome to the Family
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I had the Vance and Hines uk versions which have a nicer sound than standard but are still road legal.
    I did change them for the Vance and Hines us versions with the removal baffle that does sound much nicer,I think it really depends on what you want from them.
    One of my friends has the Arrow downpipes decat with us spec V&H cans and it’s ear splitting
    The chrome V&H uk versions I have I will sell if anyone wants them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cleevo

Cleevo New Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Australia
    All great info fellas, I'm waiting until Monday till the bike shop gets back to me with details of bike year/ color/ and mods ! All I want to hear from them is yes we can !! If I hear a lot of no's I'll be pis:ed off ! Another question.... Is the 2019 model of the Thruxton R out over there in the UK yet ? and if so what colour range are the R 's I can check online but it always spits me into other misleading directions !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    New 2019 colour.....

AE59FF75-CB96-4699-91CE-D60E6BCC777F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    After alot of thought, fitting new pipes is perhaps doing things in the wrong order, you need to get an xpipe and see how it sounds and it goes.
    I will be fitting mine in a couple of weeks

• Like Like x 1
  10. Uncle Olaf

Uncle Olaf Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Genk, Belgium
    Just put SC Project exhausts on it, remove the silencers and enjoy the music!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Try and find a few people that have every option to see what suits you. I went for US spec V&H stainless cans with removable baffle with cat still fitted and it sounds gorgeous

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kerry Lohrey

Kerry Lohrey Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Tasmania
    I have fitted Remus and love the shape and sound !!

• Like Like x 1