What Other Interests?.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Neil Lambton, Jun 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Neil Lambton

Neil Lambton Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Dorset
    Hi all,

I`ve been a member of other forums over the years, and on those forums, there have often been people who say what their other other interests in life are, you know, hobbies and things like that. I wondered whether any other members on this great forum (Triumph, has to be great.) feel the same?. I won`t bother listing any now, in case there is no interest. What do others think?.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I like fell walking, gardening, flying drones and model aircraft, but motorbikes has always been my main hobby.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

158E8FEE-44DF-4BEC-8B06-D60DBCC33437.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ikc

Ikc New Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Dorset
    Cottaging.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Dogging

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Damn you! :mad: - Me having lived a sheltered life, I had to Google that! :scream:

Now the internet is going to recommend even more dodgy stuff in my feeds :rolleyes:

:p

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ikc

Ikc New Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Dorset
    Sorry about that!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Timothy Peters

Timothy Peters Senior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Palatine, IL USA
    I am a competitive Sporting Clays shooter. Have been shooting for 3 years. Last year my club hosted the World English and I finished 8th my class. For summer fun I like to attend Indycar, sprint car, midget and motorcycle races. Short track open wheel is my favorite type of racing.

With the son in-law at Road America for the Indycar race, sprint car race with my daughter and buddy Mike, Me and Mike at Isle of Man and strapped into an Indycar (the white and red one) at Chicagoland Speedway. Took an oval driving class. Cars were limited to lap at only 160mph, now that was fun. 20160626_175702055_iOS.jpeg 20160730_203932.jpeg IMG_0150.jpeg Tim Indycar 6.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
  9. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I used to enjoy shooting pistols, it got banned.

I used to enjoy kickboxing, my hip couldn't take it anymore.

I used to enjoy collecting watches, the money ran out.

I used to enjoy beer, can't handle the hangovers anymore.

Sucks getting old! :p

I do still enjoy motorcycles :D and rum :yum

• Like Like x 18
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    If I said making machines that go 'ping', archaeology, walking, curing my own bacon, astronomy, circuit designing, politics, motorbikes, baking hand kneaded sour dough bread, history, sailing, general knowledge, wood fettling, gimp mask wearing and parsimony etc......that would make me a creep right? So I'm not going to mention it. Besides which, during my short time here, it is evident that most chums have a vast array of knowledge/experience and, some of us being Brits, don't like to mention it. Perhaps we should.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Neil Lambton

Neil Lambton Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Dorset
    Some interesting replies there, thanks all.

My own hobbles are sailing / boating, birds of prey, fishing, archery i can no longer shoot due to a nackered shoulder, historic aviation museums, and the great outdoors.

On a biking and aviation theme, for any of us in or near central Dorset here in the UK, a good day out is a ride to Compton Abbas Airfield, where you can also have a flight in either a Dehaviland Chipmunk, Boeing Stearman, or a Harvard. After your flight, you can have lunch in their restaurant, and meet up with some of the other regular biker visitors at their regular haunt.

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Neil Lambton

Neil Lambton Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Dorset
    Some interesting replies there, thanks all.

My own hobbles are sailing / boating, birds of prey, fishing, archery i can no longer shoot due to a nackered shoulder, historic aviation museums, and the great outdoors.

On a biking and aviation theme, for any of us in or near central Dorset here in the UK, a good day out is a ride to Compton Abbas Airfield, where you can also have a flight in either a Dehaviland Chipmunk, Boeing Stearman, or a Harvard. After your flight, you can have lunch in their restaurant, and meet up with some of the other regular biker visitors at their regular haunt.

• Like Like x 3
  13. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Mk3 Cortina's is the thing that takes up most of my time.
    Polzeath Jan 2017 on my 60th with some of the things I have bred in my life.
    [​IMG]

Bonnie Scotland 2018.
    [​IMG]

Scrapped this on the drive last week.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  14. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Here's my MK111 after the Post Office decided to deliver mail straight to my passenger in Cardiff, on the way to Cardiff Alms Park, circa 1982. Bit more of a literal definition of being 'on strike' than I had bargained for.

New Doc 2018-08-22 (9)_9.jpg

• Like x 9
    • WTF x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Face Palm x 1
  15. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Love those cars, I had 1.6 GXL, my second car, wish I still had it, you very rarely see one now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Guitars for me, I've been in loads of bands since I was a young un, mostly rock covers, had two cracks at writing and performing original stuff, fell out with the dictator of a singer both times...he now crosses the street when he sees me coming, but the thing I'm proudest of was the few years I did in a Joe Satriani tribute band...I was on bass, I can't play guitar at that level :(

• Like Like x 13
  17. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    As it happens I'm very athletic. I compete in semi professional napping. In my spare time I trip a fall a lot
    I've had many other interests over the years but had to give them up when they began to cut into my drinking time.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Used to like a bit of camping and walking but not done much of either for years. My main "other" hobby is my Hi-Fi. Been messing about with all sorts of gear for over 30 years. Started off with CD but my main front-end has been vinyl for about 20 years or so now. Still have a monster Sony CD player though - CDP-X779es beauty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  19. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Used to fly in a Chipmunk regularly when I was a teenager in the ATC many many moons ago...:D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    The middle photo, Bonnie Scotland 2018...that on the Bonar Bridge Road, heading for Lairg, by any chance? If it is I'm glad to see they did the phone box up, it was looking a mess for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1