What Is This Electrical Connection? (2005 America)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fenix, Aug 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fenix

Fenix Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Kuwait
    Putting my 2005 America back together after a crash, and I discovered this little electrical connection coming out of the left hand switch assembly. I see that on the original assembly, it was just held back in place with a zip tie, connected to nothing. Anybody know what it is supposed to be for?

20200801_125551.jpg

2. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Looks like a connector for a battery charger/tender to me. Unusual place to locate one.

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    There is a standard loom for these bikes whichever part of the world they are destined for.

I therefore can’t say for certain without seeing the wire colours. On the RH handlebar there is a similar spare connector tucked into the switch housing for those markets where manual light switches are fitted.

On the LH handlebar I wonder whether your clutch switch been fitted/removed?

Try this
    https://www.triumphrat.net/attachments/bonneville-wiring-diagram-jpg.4994/

4. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Clutch switch I'd say

5. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Poss heated grips. But need to see colour codes. That is a 2 pin molex. Only time triumph used them are heated grips and some indecators.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenix

Fenix Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Kuwait
    Ok, guys. Thanks for all your help. It was a dumb questions, as it turns out, and I finally figured out the answer myself. It's the connector to the left turn signal. My original was destroyed in the crash and I haven't fitted the new one, yet. Anyway, thanks again.

20200803_093601.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1