What Is The Light Bulb On My 2001 S3 955 Triple Tree Top Clamp Next To The Inition?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Solo, Mar 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Solo

Solo New Member

Mar 19, 2020
    Eastern US
    Hey fellas, I searched the forum, all the keywords I entered brought up results that have nothing to do with this. My triple has the light bulb on the top clamp,just above the ignition key hole. Never seen it light up, never known what it is. Any of you fellas that have an old gal like mine have any idea?

20200321_141136[1].jpg

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    At a guess an immobiliser light, that’s been disconnected? But hopefully you’ll get a response from someone who has or does own one.

3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Yes I’d say crispey is right. There’s one on my 2001 Daytona but it’s fitted in the front fairing stay rather than on the top yoke.
    It doesn’t work now either as the crappy alarm has been removed.

4. Solo

Solo New Member

Mar 19, 2020
    Eastern US
    #4 Solo, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Thanks for the response fellas, I guess that's what it is then, a non working security system. I gotta take a dive there this week at some point and change my broken clip ons for a new set, so I'll have to take the top yoke out. No idea how to do it, that nut with the multiple holes has to come off as well but I'll figure it out. Probably I'll find some wires or a connector under there... I wont plug it back in if that's the case. I read a lot of nightmares regarding security systems:yum

5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    That's a security nut , much like expensive mag wheel nuts ! Previous owner must have done it !

6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You can get the special tool to remove the top nut from Triumph or there’s some people making replicas selling on eBay and the like. I got one from a machinist selling on eBay who makes a variety of special tools for various bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Solo

Solo New Member

Mar 19, 2020
    Eastern US
    Thanks for the heads up, going to eBay now see if I find a tool...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Solo

Solo New Member

Mar 19, 2020
    Eastern US
    Found the tool, coming in about 5 weeks...:tired_face:

• Like Like x 2
  9. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    • Like Like x 1