What is the best Chain lube ?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Bonnie2014, Sep 27, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bonnie2014

Bonnie2014 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Hi all , what is the best chain lube for the Bonnie, as always I would like some that stays on the chain with minimum fling ? I have seen Chain wax as well as Chain lube ?

thanks

Shaun

2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Wax will collect all the grit off the road and grind away your sprockets like grinding paste! Wurth dry chain lube is the best out there, it's difficult to see when applied, almost no fling but I would apply after at least every other ride out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Agreed, I did 17500 on my Tiger 1050 using the dry lube and reckon there was at least another 5k left when I sold it. Still enough fling to cover the back end in crap though not as bad as old style lubes or wax :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. cLuMpY

cLuMpY Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Fareham
    Profi dry lube is great stuff too at least I think that's what it's called. I got given some wd40 chain lube at Thruxton bsb and have just cleaned chain and used this for first time today so can't really comment on it yet. Did a quick few miles after applying on a warm chain and no fling yet and leaves the chain with a nice clean look but time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bonnie2014

Bonnie2014 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Thanks guys, have ordered some Wurth dry chain lube, see how it goes

cheers

Shaun

• Like Like x 1