What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :heart_eyes:
    Beautiful bike, beautiful view, @Tim Gibbs!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Oooh, v-e-r-y nice, @Vulpes! I guess in a weird way there's always a silver lining in there somewhere. ;):) Is that the color you ordered? I like it a LOT!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    There is a silver lining indeed - the bike I have on order is the improved 2024 model, with better engineered engine. And yes, that is the colour I ordered - the new "Carnival Red". :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This past Friday was the first day of my summer break. "Summer Break"--one of the perks of working in a school district. :) My hubby, Steve, went to lunch with a riding buddy the day before and they and another ride buddy planned a ride down to Tombstone, one of our favorite southern Arizona ride destinations. So Steve invited me to join them saying that it would be a great way to celebrate my first day of summer vacation. It was! Here are a few pics from our outing to Tombstone, "The Town Too Tough to Die".

IMG_1337.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1324.jpeg

They were about to start one of the days reenactments of the Shootout at the O.K. Corral.

IMG_1325.jpeg

This guy was patient enough to let me snap a photo of him because I liked his unique beard. :)

IMG_1335.jpeg

We had breakfast at the Longhorn, our current favorite.

IMG_1331.jpeg

A nice day out, not too hot (yet). I posted in this thread because the bike I opted to ride today was my H-D Low Rider ST. Funny enough, I realized when I got home that I didn't take one picture of my--or any other--motorcycle! :joy::joy: So here's my mileage on the day along with a "stock" photo of my bike for those who may not have seen it here on the forum before. ;)

IMG_1343.jpeg

IMG_8113.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Eldest son's Ducati Panigale all completed and just finished servicing my younger son's Suzuki Katana, he had a very early Katana 250 that was featured in MCN some time ago, he has had Triumphs including a Speed Triple, but traded it in for his Katana, an ex demo. He loves this bike, having ridden it numerous times it does ride great, given it has the GSXR 1000 K5 engine it has plenty of torque, the build quality on the Katana is top draw, they are manufactured at the Hamamatsu Plant in Japan along with the Hyabusa only these 2 models are made at the separate plant. As many of us know the fasteners on Japanese machines have a different screw head to other makes, I will only use JIS screwdrivers when undertaking any work, use anything else and there is a risk of damaging the heads of the fittings. It takes a lot of time removing all the necessary panels and dummy tank cover.

IMG_20240523_135857.jpg

IMG-20240523-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240523-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240523-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240523-WA0004 (1).jpg

IMG-20240523-WA0007.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yep got to agree, everyone thinks of screws as either Philips or Pozidrive and most are not even aware of JIS.
    If you look at the technical drawings for the different crossheaded screws they are quite significantly different.
    My set look very similar to yours, if not exactly the same.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Buying it, a very used 1991 Suzuki DR 650 RSE. IMG_2658.jpeg IMG_2657.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    After 10.000 km my front wheel tyre was ready to be changed. Therefore I went to a friend of mine in the north of Austria. The change and balancing was done in about half an hour. Then we had some time to chat about my absolved journey to Corsica (https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/touring-to-corsica.40431/).
    Riding was a big challenge yesterday. On my 180 kilometres to my friend I got 5 times wet due to some rain. When I rode back I had 10 kilometres of dry weather. Afterwards I made a "motorcycle diving tour" for the 170 following kilometres back home. Up to 10 cm of water and mud occured on my way. At home I started to undress in front of my flat, because of my wet biking equipment. My BMW will be called "Seahorse" in the future if the weather keeps like this. Completely crazy conditions in a view minutes. Today our country gets flooded in some parts like the south parts of Germany the last days.

IMG20240603163704_copy_1228x1638.jpg

The secret and good old low tech balancing machine. It works better than any new high tech system.
    IMG20240603163828_copy_1228x1638.jpg

Finished!
    IMG20240603170841_copy_1228x1638.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, @Markus! You do wind up riding through more than your fair share of rain! I think "Seahorse" would be a very appropriate name for your BMW. ;):joy:

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 11.51.22 AM.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Sandi T: You are right Sandi!!;):joy:. Due to the engine/exhaust sound I called the BMW "Brummel" till now. "Seahorse" will be the second name.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Out for a ride to the Lake District after servicing both of my sons Panigale and Katana prior to the start of TT, we went on to Keswick, that Panigale is a bit of a rocketship, however it is not brutal in delivering the power, the fantastic electronics keep the 220 bhp somewhat stable.

IMG_20240531_101147.jpg

IMG_20240531_101259.jpg

IMG_20240531_101340.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Sunny Bowness?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Indeed it was sunny, a bit cooler in Keswick though, but rain free all evening.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Took a ride on my Husqvarna :cool:

A quick rip up and down left some marks in the lawn but was a blast.

Here's a quick F1 pitstop for an inspection.

20240524_163222.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I'm aware of the JIS spec but thankfully my ZZR is held together with socket head screws which are way better IMO.

17. Boothman

Boothman Senior Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Wigan
    MOT day for the Fireblade and it passed with no advisories. Best was it was nice and sunny, roads had dried up after the torrential rain yesterday/over night and neither I or the bike got wet - Bonus

• Like Like x 4
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yesterday I rode my non-Triumph Street Glide on our weekly Sunday breakfast ride. I was going to ride my Speed Triple RS because it's definitely his turn. But with all the hullabaloo around the Street Glide and based on the fact that we're heading north to ride through New Mexico and Colorado, I decided I'd like one more day in that particular saddle to make sure all is as it should be. It was. :)

I had that bike in the shop last Friday because when my new wheel and tire were installed, the tech discovered that three pins/prongs of six were bad on the wiring that plugs into the H-D computer for Operating System updates. He was trying to get the Tire Pressure Monitoring System set up for the new wheel a couple of weeks and no bueno. So (of course) those parts had to be ordered and then were delayed due to bad weather in the Midwest where they were being shipped from . Anyway, now all is good. I told them that to not have the TPMS for our trip was no biggie but they said that if I had another issue on the road and went to a dealer for a problem, chances are they wouldn't be able to help me. We're staying two nights in Santa Fe, New Mexico and two nights in Durango, Colorado, and both of those towns have Harley dealerships.

Anyway, our group left earlier than usual because the HEAT:sun::sun::sun: has arrived. And we tried a new place--well, another location for an old place, Bisbee Breakfast Club. It's up and over Gates Pass on the far southwest side of the Tucson metro area. Afterwards some of us extended the ride by going back through Saguaro National Park. Personally, I'm trying to acclimate to the heat because I don't like to let high(er) temps stop me from riding. ;)

So here are some pics from our first venture to the newest Bisbee Breakfast Club. The original Bisbee Breakfast Club is in, you guessed it, Bisbee. :)

IMG_1436.jpeg

Steve's and my bikes looking back to the northeast--that white bike pulled up as I was taking off my jacket. It was a couple who were friendly but no one we knew.
    IMG_1434.jpeg

That's our gang to the far left in the photo.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 4.23.41 PM.png

Lots of cool artwork in the building which is new construction. This area was completely devoid of any business for nearly all of the 30+ years I've lived in Tucson. The perimeter of the metro area continues to expand.

A painting of the original restaurant that's in Bisbee.

IMG_1442.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

Just shy of 58 miles on the morning.

IMG_1445.jpeg

And the temperature when I got home was a balmy 96ºF.

IMG_1446.jpeg

Compare that balmy 96ºF with the temperature displayed on my bike when I got home from the dealership on Friday! :p:eek::scream: OK, that's officially HOT!:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun: Fortunately the dealership is only 12 miles from home. :)

IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1424.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well pleased all went well for your breakfast run. And wow those temperatures are very hot to be riding in compared to our 13 to 16c that we are experiencing in the north west of England.

• Like Like x 1