Thruxton What Happened My Thruxton R..

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Kevin Park, Nov 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kevin Park

Kevin Park New Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Seoul Korea
    My thruxton r 1200 has oil leak.
    내 자전거는 어떻게 되었습니까!?

20191125_215655.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. JULIAN WW

JULIAN WW Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2019
    carlton in lindrick
    I suggest you first check the oil filter is tight and also not been hit by something that's put a hole in it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. wolfgang1963

wolfgang1963 Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Germany Ketsch
    Hello Kevin,
    the oil is inline with the oil filter. MAy be this shemata help you finding the issue….
    1. Is the oil filter oily?
    If yes is the oil sump cover in drive direction in front of the oil filter oliy?
    no => clean the oil filter and check again. If oily again try to pull the oil filter.
    yes => check the oil drain plug. Push it with 25 NM. If still lloosing oil replace the seal of the oil drain plug.
    2. Is there one of the black rubber pipes oily. If yes check the oil level. May be to much oil in the sump. If not check the air filter box, if there is oil in. If yes this is an overflow from the crank case and there was to much oil in.
    => clean the oilfilter box from oil.
    This is all not the case...check for damages shaft seal:
    - check the indexing shaft
    - check the clutch shaft
    - check the sproket shaft …..

Still the issue not found…. clean the whole area and check if it get oily again. Yes, visit your dealer with the bike and ask for assistance…..

Good luck, Wolfgang

• Like Like x 2
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    check there isnt a build up of oil and dirt inside the front sprocket cover as this can then drip oil

• Like Like x 2