What Grinds Your Gears?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Big Sandy, May 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Grinding my gears right now....

Monkey fisted dingwads who obviously use a freakin hammer as a torque wrench. Damn near pulled the bike off its stand getting the sump plug undone!

(I've left it to drain for now, it was that fraggin tight when it finally let go I sliced my wrist open. Old engine oil and open wounds don't mix)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    That's grinding my gears too @Dozers Dad, it's the first chance I've had to actually get some work done... Its also annoying me that I've not had a proper chance to use it either... About 700 miles. It's actually pretty clean oil I've dropped out, boy said he'd changed it just before I got it. Maybe he did, but by freck he was a heavy handed bugger.

I'm working my way through a service schedule....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

If I list all the shit that grinds my gears... it’ll be a long read, but I agree with the idea dingwads should be monkey fisted!!!

Here’s one... queue jumpers... rude and selfish... no, you go ahead, I’ve been polite whilst standing in line for 1/2hr, you go ahead and jump straight in, I’ll only have to wait a few more minutes! Whilst you’re at it, why don’t you just fuck off and die you fucking maggot!!!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Im at an age when I'm permanently irritated by those around me certain things are guaranteed to set me off

NOT INDICATING ON ROUNDABOUTS - you sit there like a knob because they arent indicating then they pull off and another car comes. Since when did indicators become pretty much optional extras?

CYCLISTS IN GENERAL but in particular RIDING ON FOOTPATHS, JUMPING RED LIGHTS, RIDING IN BIG CLUMPS ON NARROW ROADS, USING PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS. I particularly detest the lycra lowlifes who ride down the road, then jump on the pavement to bypass red lights the back onto the road again, i see this a couple of times a week.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Yeah. Psychedelic penguins grind my gears too.

And scuzzwits who don't know what passing places are for. A) you don't park in them, B) if something is coming up hill, pull in the passing place and wait for it. C) if the passing place is on your side, friggin use it!

There's a long climb up to ours (we're at 400 ft) and I was in the Landy, full trailer, and every chuffin car I met made me stop on the way up the hill. Its slow taking off anyway, but uphill with a loaded trailer... Send it a letter.

I sincerely hope they can lip read. (they seem to get sign language.)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I just carry on day to day. Nothing fazes me. I am so laid back I sometimes fear I will fall over.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    This weekend the roads were busy and the arrogant Lycra clad twats on their £2000 carbon fibre bikes were riding two abreast, chatting away without a care in the world.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Oi, don’t be using my name in vain! :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Apologies @freck :)

But, to use something as blasphemy it has to have value to many in the first place.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Not indicating as they approach you, as mentioned really gets my goat :skull:, but those that slow down, brake, and stop, and then indicate (we all feckon know once they stop). Usually to turn into a driveway they use daily. :poop:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Or those dingusses who indicate left to turn in, then swing the front end out right because they can't trust their own judgement of if their eurobox will get round the turn?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Aah. Nicky the Fish. Holyrood mafia. What's to like?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    People who stop on the main road to let a vehicle out of a junction when there is a feckin mile wide gap behind me. Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhhh that feckin grinds my gears big time.
    * I’m all for courtesy and sharing the road BTW* :blush:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yeh Sandy, we have some 2door hatches that must have been articulated truck drivers :joy: worst thing they never look

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    The day I had 30 Harley riders in a group stop in front of me in the middle of the interstate so the dipstick in the lead could decide if they should take the left two lanes going east or the right two lanes going west. Godsake ! At least put the smartest dipstick on the lead bike. ...J.D.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Woah. In the same paragraph?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Point well taken... but almost mowed down 60 fat people on 30 bikes on that one ! Thank god for good brakes. Geez I hate to be out on holiday weekends. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    I ride all sorts of bikes besides the one with the motor. Mountain bike as well as road. I don’t tend to wear all the flashy clown suits, and I get steamed when I see other cyclists acting like a bunch of tw@ts on the road. I observe all the same traffic rules as if I were driving, and these idjits are what everyone sees. Then I have to contend with this image when I’m out on the road. I’ve been on group rides and completely blasted the whole group for being a bunch of selfish bastards.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Agree @OsteKuste which just proves the point that its always the selfish and ignorant that spoil it for the rest.

We get organised groups going past here, about 50 or 60 at a time... Got stuck behind them coming home (in Landy) and it added a good half hour to the journey, could not get past them.... Single track roads.

Once met a group, quite spread out, heading the other way. Kept pulling up to let them pass... Eventually they thinned out, then I got about a mile before meeting the last one, an old dear in her 60's, heading up hill, bright red face, spitting out bits of lung... They just left her behind to carry on. Poor old bint could have had a heart attack, nobody would have known.

So, not just inconsiderate, bloody stupid too.

Obviously not all, just the blatent ones!

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Incidentally... Big crack down here on people who pass cyclists too close. Quite right... You get a fine.

Why doesn't that work the other way too? You block the road, impede following traffic, you get a caution at least? Back to my rant about passing places.... :)

• Agree Agree x 4