Went for a ride out in the Peak District

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andypandy, Mar 13, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Went for my first proper ride out of the year and my first proper ride on my "new to me" America today. Ended up in Bakewell, a round trip of about 80 miles. Found the bike easy to ride in a relaxed sort of way once I got used to the feet forward position. The only annoying thing is the way the speedo shakes ! Is this normal ? My mind went back to a trip to France last year when my mates Harley shed it's speedo on at least two occasions. There were hundreds and hundreds of bikes out today and I stopped in a lay-by and had a greasy cheeseburger and a cup of tea. While there I took a picture down into the valley overlooking the Monsal Trail which I thought might interest the guys and gals doing the forum ride out in August. If you google "Monsal Trail" you can find out about the history behind it, if you are interested in choo choo's.
    WP_000682.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
  3. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Scouting out some good routes for the meet in August ?

4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well I had intended to go as far as Matlock Bath which is a very popular meeting place for bikers. I thought I'd try out a late breakfast at one of the cafes there. As it turned out I started getting a bit cold so turned back at Bakewell(soft these days). As well as riding a new bike I was wearing new kevlar lined jeans and a new Triumph leather jacket, neither of which proved warm enough. Anyway I'll be doing a few more rides around the area as the year progresses and I'll concentrate on the roads that I've not yet traveled.

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    We must be very near the Tissington Trail where we are staying in August - similar thing (and I have to confess now to having cycled part of it).
    On the speedo - Harley thing, my mate told me how he stopped for petrol once and unscrewed the filler cap whilst casually looking around (probably to see if any one was looking at him) and ended up with the speedo in his hand!

• Like Like x 1