Featured Well it's gone

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Explorer, Jan 19, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    The Speed Dark went to its new owner the other day, he was made up with it, my son is getting my Fireblade so that leaves me bike less at the moment.
    Had a test ride of a BMW 1000rr the other day and was very impressed, just like riding the blade but with a host of electronics, the quick shifter being my favourite.
    So what am I to do with all this wealth from selling my bikes, well I have just ordered this !
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    #2 SteveJ, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Holy BMW Batman!! :eek:

Have you gone for the top spec one then?

That is one serious piece of hard wear although when I rode the normal model it was super fast and nimble as but....

I just found it totally devoid of any character whatsoever, it was really weird I rode the S1000rr and it was like WOW this is fast and all that but I didn't get the grin factor I got when I got back on the Speed Triple.

I must be getting old as modern sports bikes don't really interest me as much as they used to any more :redface:

WP_000126.jpg

WP_000126.jpg

3. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Explorer..... That is one nice looking machine! :upyeah:

4. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Getting old Steve, I'm a pensioner, but I am coming off a blade. I just need to do this sports bike thing, and then when my back gives in go for something sensible like the KTM 1290 Beast :biggrin:
    I test rode that same bike as in your picture, I thought it was very like the blade, but with more electronics.

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    I do like the blades and had this one for 3 years
    y
    [​IMG]

and then moved to the 2011 Speed Triple .... Blades are fun but the Speed Triple a load more useable than the Blade I did 1400 miles in four days on the Speed Triple with no problems at all, If that was the blade I wouldn't be able to hardly walk for a couple days if I had ridden that distance, The blade would be great as a second bike but not as your only bike, Still miss both the Blade and the Speed Triple and wish you could hold on to these bikes but not got enough money for that. :frown:

WP_000185.jpg

WP_000185.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Nice one explorer.... you removed your add from EBay? ?.

HP4 nice.. you go for the Carbon or Standard ??

7. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    SB I had to think about it for a milli second 'CARBON', I'm going from 2 bikes down to 1, the sale of the 2 will fund the BMW. I don't think you should have any trouble getting 9k for yours, I was inundated with calls for the bike, I think mine must have been the first for resale ?

8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Good news just got my email from my dealer saying the bike was Black.... So sending off the form for the new V5....
    Will be going on sale as soon as i get that back...

the carbon is sweet..my mates rented one for a trip to Germany.. he has the standard S1000rr but fancied trying the carbon.. it does look beautiful.. i don't think you will be disappointed.
    The quality of the sum of the parts is typical German.. and its just Mental... get it to 9500rpm and it just goes mental....

9. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Oct 5, 2013
    suffolk
    I rode the standard s1000rr and couldn't wait to get off it give me the Daytona 675R any day, but its a good looking bike enjoy it.

10. Dawg

Dawg New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Somerset
    Very nice indeed, lovely colour. Shame my back, wrists and neck won't let me do that anymore.