Well, I Think They're Knobs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Smilinjack, Jan 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

By the spirit of the current situation, these two did wrong. Legally it seems a bit less clear cut, interestingly. But come on-five miles from home, observing seemingly good distancing etc, and this happens. Not for the first time Derbyshire Constabulary make themselves look like a bunch of cunts. And that's mainly because they are. These lasses do look a pair of Karens, but has Plod really got nothing better to be on with? As I said the other day to @Sandi T. I can drive all over Britain to work, but take a wee drive out for some exercise and the lockdown Nazis are on you like a ton of hot shit. Pathetic. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep seen that story on the BBC this morning. Derbyshire police really need to take an inward look at their policy on covid. Whilst the two girls were possibly in the wrong, but a coffee does not look like a picnic does it.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Actually Ade it doesn't. This is what narks me a bit. Don't know if you read the entire article but several government authorities were consulted and none could accurately specify what "local area" actually means. The other day me and the wife walked from home, and stopped with our flask, Drambuie and Tunnocks wafers about six miles from home. I don't really see the difference, maybe we could have been ticketed? They looked pretty togged up for walking to me BTW. And in passing let me say if I won either of them in a raffle, I wouldn't be disappointed :grinning:

_116387010_walk1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    It seems pretty clear to me, though I think they would be better stating a distance you are allowed to travel to exercise rather than saying stay within your city, town or village. I’m not surprised that when consulted nobody could specify what local area means as the rules seem to change daily.

And yes I think it should have been a Warning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

The thing is, on the gov website there’s a hypertext link for exercise that skips right past that essential information... I had totally missed it when I looked for information about exercise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #6 Octoberon, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Barnard Castle is about 98 miles away so that’s my local area.

edited from ‘Barbara’ (ffs autocorrect)

• Funny Funny x 10
  7. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

I thought she was dead. She scared Harold Wilson shitless though :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

EXERCISE :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

feck right off :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Bloody autocorrect!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I can walk 50mtrs down my garden to the bridle path and exercise there, don't think I can get fined for that. However trying to keep my distance from the numerous dog walkers on that path (only 1mtr wide in places) is at times impossible.........
    Or I can get in the car and travel about 5mls to a "local" beach where I have acres of space to avoid the nearest person (& maintain my mental health in the process), guess which I choose to do.
    Anybody with a little intelligence will make their own risk assessment and act accordingly, unfortunately the government has to legislate for those lacking said intelligence. Unfortunately the stupid appear in all walks of life - including the police force.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    As far as the two girls with their coffees, gov say cafes can stay open for takeaway food and non alcholic drinks - god forbid you get caught buying anything from them though (in Derbyshire). :laughing::joy:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

I wonder how many plods are drinking takeaway coffee in their Panda cars....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #13 Tricky-Dicky, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Bloody ridicules! There are essentially no distance restrictions and five miles is not a lot and a cup of coffee is a picnic what a joke you would think the police have something better to do but as usual they don't....tossers!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I've come to refer to it as "Auto Incorrect", Octoberon. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Yep same as you. 100yds from my house is the sea front which will be rather busy so i shall be traveling about 7 miles and having a good stroll with the dog in the woods.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

#16 Smilinjack, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
  18. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

..... in a statement, the force said further guidance issued by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) had "clarified the policing response concerning travel and exercise".

The guidance said: "The Covid regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs [fixed penalty notices] for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise."

So there it is. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Derbys Police :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Common sense should always win the day. Let’s hope they refund the fines they levelled

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #20 Pegscraper, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Local........"belonging to or connected with the particular place or area that you are talking about or with the place where you live". Obviously open to interpretation. Local on foot and local by car obviously way different. I'm guessing the Police are under pressure from local councils and communities to stop overcrowding at such venues, we've already seen what's happened in Wales! Have to agree on the over reaction though. As an aside I'd just like to point out that any similar young Filly's needing exercise are more than welcome to do so in my garden. Can't guarantee the social distancing though.:p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1