Webbs Triumph

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by billyandmollysdad, Mar 24, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. #1 billyandmollysdad, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    I want to have my Bonnie serviced, and Webbs is the nearest/most convenient dealer to me. Are they any good for servicing etc ? price wise, and reliability wise ?

EDIT; I should have stated, Webbs in Eye, Peterborough.

2. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    I haven't been to Webbs at Eye for years & years so can't comment - but Stevej did recommend a guy
    called " Clive Wood who is based near Boston. Most probably the most experienced Hinckley Triumph Mechanic in the U.K "
    Well worth giving him a call on 07752 477738.
    I think he is in Swineshead near Boston & I have heard a few good reports on the Triumph going our own way facebook page & Lincolnshire riders , I don't know whether that's too far away for you though

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    For what it's worth I'm not massively impressed with Webbs of Lincoln , again , I've never took my bike into them , but when I was looking to buy a Triumph & I had sold my Suzuki & had 5k in cash ready and waiting to buy a fresh bike (plus a credit card lol ) - I went in there & asked if I could take a Triumph tiger 1050 , an America & a thruxton out for a test ride to compare the three with a view to buying one (which I certainly would have done) . Anyhow , a date was arranged for a test ride on a tiger & an America , although they didn't have a thruxton & apparently couldn't get one in the near future. They rang me up the day before the test rides & cancelled because the weather looked dodgy . A new date was made , which again was cancelled on the morning because of possible rain (ffs) , they then never rang me back to arrange a third & I went elsewhere & bought one after a test ride (see pic) - I never got to go on a tiger or a thruxton but just fell in love with the America & thought bollox to it , I can't be arsed to trail around looking for test rides & late autumn was round the bend . Anyhoo , about a month later , I went in with my America , asking if I could book it in to be set up properly because I felt it was running a bit lean & basically got fobbed off by a mechanic from the workshop with info that I later found to be crap.
    Plus , a friend of mine was also looking for a bike (he had at least 10k to spend) and asked for a test ride on either a tiger or adventurer as he was looking for a new touring bike to replace his Honda whateveritwas . He also suffered the same lacklustre approach & despite going in twice & ringing them up once - he never ever got a call back to arrange anything , so ended up going to a Honda dealer in Grantham (from Lincoln) & buying a Honda crosstourer on a 14 plate - I'd recommended the Triumph tiger to him after having a go on one earlier this year but he never did get to try one , the Honda dealer in Grantham let him take out 3 or 4 different bikes , one was a Ducati I think.
    So that's two sales they lost that I know of , how many more have they f**ked up

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for that Dodge...
    When I was looking to buy my Bonnie, I went to Webbs for a test ride. I arranged a date for the ride, and they rang me and cancelled due to impending bad weather, and to be fair the weather was crap on the day. We rearranged for another day, and I turned up as planned. The salesman I arranged it all with was on holiday on the day of the test ride, so another guy dealt with me when I turned up at the showroom.
    Granted, he was busy with someone else when I got there, but he really didn't seem interested in anything I had to say..
    Anyway, they sent me off on my way with the fuel light on ! I didn't know any different at the time, and was told I had more than enough juice to last me the length of my test ride. Inevitably, we ran out about 12 miles later, I didn't have the shop number on my phone, so after a lot of inconvenience and messing about, we got someone to come out and put fuel in the bike...
    We went straight back to the shop, where the salesman who sent us out was nowhere to be seen !
    I literally left the keys on his desk, and left it at that. No follow up call from them, nor did I persue the sale any further. I ended up buying privately in the end.
    I have no reason to suspect poor service from the workshop side of the business, but the sales side of things isn't exactly perfect..

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    They didn't exactly look after you then lol . I don't think I'm not a particularly fussy person & generally give people the benefit of the doubt , and certainly don't think I'm someone who needs people bending over backwards for me , but I have to say Webbs at Lincoln haven't really impressed me at all which is a shame , they've got the Triumph & Yamaha franchise but do seem to lack customer care / service . The Ducati garage in Lincoln is a different ball game altogether , several years ago I went in there once with another bloke who was looking at getting a Ducati & we'd turned up on our bikes . I made it pretty clear I wasn't in the market to purchase a Ducati but the guy (who turned out to be the owner) spent ages talking to me & talked me into taking out a 1098 , which I did & I actually did end up returning there & buying a 999 . I don't envisage me ever buying a bike from Webbs tbh

6. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    If you want it done properly then get Clive to do it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the suggestion, I never thought of Bowers...
    I was thinking I may take take it to Paul Nobbs in Sutton, I've been reliably informed he is a fully qualified Triumph technician. But I will give Bowers a try if Paul Nobbs can't/wont do it.

8. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #8 t552, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Oh dear ! My Tiger need's it 12000 mile service and Webbs in Lincoln are my nearest dealer .i have just moved up to Lincolnshire from down South where I had all my Triumphs serviced at Carl Rosner and always received excellent service from Carl and know Robert his son Come on someone must have something good to say about Webbs at Lincoln other wise I will have to take my Tiger back down south and let Carl Rosner service it and stay at my sister's.Do not really want to do that but my Triumph are precious to me and do not want them mess about with!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #10 t552, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Then Clive is your man. You can be there while he works on your bike and learn a lot at the same time.
    It Will be done right, stamp your book, give you a service print out. But you save money too. Clive and his wife will look after you. Just google" Clive Wood triumph".
    Until; recently Clive had his own tiger only sold to make way for a 765RS

11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk

I would read the posts above for advice on webbs and who to take it to

12. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #12 t552, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    At this time of year he is busy but tries not to get log Jammed Best is to give a call.
    07752477738. Best after 10 as he could then be then finished talking to that days customers.
    Clive is at Swineshead NR Boston.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Essex of Essex

Essex of Essex New Member

Apr 29, 2017
    Essex
    Clive looks after my Sprint ST, he is very thorough and explains what is going on all the way through, I ride up from Essex.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england

15. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Well I had my Tiger 12000 mile service done at Webbs of Lincoln.No problems what so ever,very polite ,service the Tiger and considering it was a 12000 mile service the bill was not too bad ,a lot cheaper than I was expecting .Would definitely use them again Even offer to let my test ride the Thruxton R but the weather was a bit rubbish so I declined and said maybe when the weather improves ( it was chucking it down all day )

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    I have been using Webb's from the 80s, and i cannot praise them high enough, i have brought several bikes from them over the years and i cannot remember any issues only how helpful and professional they are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Just need Webbs to reopen soon I need them to fit a sat nav on my Tiger .Not sure what will be first Webbs reopening or the B/B opening so I can use the sat nav ??.

• Like Like x 1
  18. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #18 t552, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Very funny last week.
    A guy with a street triple had a problem after being repaired by webbs. It did not run right so they said needs a full service at about £600 that done bike was the same. They said they couldnt fix try Clive ( trying to stitch him up)) yep he fixed it. The guy was so pleased paid double what he was charged for the fix. Got to laugh!
    Oh and he found lots not done in the service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1