Featured Weather To Ride...???.. Or Not

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Bradley Perry, Feb 24, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bradley Perry

Bradley Perry Well-Known Member

After 6 weeks work and a well over budget spend, the Café Racer Style project is 99% complete and the Triumph Truxton is ready to ride...

We planned a photo shoot and then a first ride at 10am this morning... just as we are about to move the bike out of the shed at 9.55am, the heavens opened and it looks like the rain has set in for the day...

Well, I suppose it is the Wet season in the north of Australia...[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20220224_112008.jpg

20220224_112037.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  2. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Stunning bike! I'm sure it also looks good in the rain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bradley Perry

No riding in the rain with this bike... this a fair weather only show standard machine.
    LATE NEWS: ..It looks like maybe no ride until next week with Darwin now on a cyclone watch...[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    wow
    What an impressive looking bike !
    Does your helmet match the reflectiveness of the fearing?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    That looks stunning:eek:, but what happened to the decision to go black with gold striping to match the forks; too impatient to get riding on such a glorious bike?

Enjoy the ride (when it isn't raining:))

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bradley Perry

You are partly right there RevPaul..... I actually had a painter organized to do the work but that fell through.
    I organized the job with another painter but again, that was not going to happen so I polished up the fairing and installed it as is, and found that I like it that way.
    I'll be looking for another painter, but no hurry

7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bradley Perry
    Worth waiting with such a stunning machine. Bet you will get a better summer than we will so you will get plenty of chances. Don't forget to let us all know how it pans out.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bradley Perry

... I have two helmets.... both very shiny gloss black.... full face for higher speed riding and open face with vintage style aviators goggle for puttering around town, gentlemen's rides etc.... vintage style leather jacket, boots and jeans in the old Café Racer Style...
    https://www.facebook.com/Café-Racer-Style-100938155825252

• Like Like x 3
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bradley Perry
    Very impressive you have done a cracking job. You can now be an Aussie Rocker. I will tell those 59er peeps you are top man.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bradley Perry

I this part of the world (top end of Northern Territory, Australia) we don't actually get a summer as such.... more like a wet season (October to April) and dry season (May to September). temperatures are pretty similar all year round but the dry season is often described as "Perfect today, paradise tomorrow"... so great riding weather.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bradley Perry
    O'h boy we get the wet season February to December wit the odd perfect day thrown in here and there.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Happy Jack

Happy Jack Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2022
    Florissant Mo
    Masterful decision to buff out the fairing! I really like the effect! Where did you acquire the fairing and mounts. Or is it a one off?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bradley Perry

Fairing was hand crafted by a small shop in Thailand called Omega Racer. The mounts supplied with the fairing were designed to fit the early air cooled Thruxton, so a fair bit of fabrication work required to fit the RS....

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deadbroke55

Deadbroke55 New Member

Aug 5, 2021
    NY,Ny
    Awesome Machine!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1