Watch Out

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by roadrider, Feb 20, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wee neil

Wee neil Active Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Dumfriesshire
    This is how our police force generates income,not being content with the huge amounts of dosh given to them (by us) and they will not investigate criminal law breaking properly.All motorists are and always have been soft targets.Really pisses me off

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Don't worry they won't last long, once they can track you on your mobiles and with tracking devices being built into cars, speed cameras will be made redundant....Yay

• Like Like x 1
  4. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    It just winds me up.
    You can be fined for doing 10 mph over on a clear motorway,but poor lane discipline,tailgating and other poor driving seem to go unpunished.
    I think the money would be better spent on improving driving standards.But then they wouldn't be able to sit in a nice warm office and count the money coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    In my area volunteer vetted jobs worth residents have been given a use of a portable speed camera, power to the people, I must watch that indicator of speed on my bike more in the past used to see how fast I could go.:)

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I agree with roadrider - the standard of driving in this country has deteriorated sharply in my opinion despite the tougher initial test. There is no consideration for others or common courtesy like there used to be (well not as much anyway). Drivers seem unaware of the even the most basic principles of the Highway Code and the "I've indicated, I'm pulling out so you'd better move" brigade seem to be on the rise.

All appalling driving but it goes unpunished.

• Like Like x 1
  7. James ellerby

James ellerby Active Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Manchester
    Easy- that's how I got mine !!!

2 100 yard dashes and a brew ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Everytime I go back to England the very first thing I notice as soon as back on UK roads is the level of aggression. Where is everyone going in such an almighty hurry?

Steve L talks about courtesy and road manners lost and gone and I agree with him, now it's more a matter of "GET OUTTA MY WAY !!!!!!!!!!!"

When I return to France calmis restored. Of course there are stupid gits over here as well - just not so many, well for now at least???????

9. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    I have a revolving number plate

10. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    It's the same over here in Clogland. Aggressive drivers driving too fast and using their cell phones. And speed cameras all over the place. They're now using more and more of these average speed cameras. I look back with affection to the time when I first passed my test in Leeds in the mid 1970's, how free and easy it was back then.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

The level of aggressive driving in England is out of control. I moved to a very quiet corner of the UK 10 years ago, bimble round the roads, barely, if ever, break a speed limit when I am in the car. Even in Glasgow or Edinburgh, they are no where near as aggressive as in England.

But get me in an English city and I turn EVIL.:mad: After 15 minutes off the motorway and I am posessed. It's dog eat dog. Nobody lets anybody out of a junction, every junction is hand to hand combat. Last time i drove in Northampton I was involved in 2 road rage incidents. I pity you guys that have to commute every day in that kind of environment, must be hellish, can't imagine what its like on a bike.

When we come back north, my missus has reminded me that I can stop driving in 'City Mode' and return back to country bumpkin. The drivers in D&G are so courteous, it's unreal. I can be riding the bike and cars part before I get close, sticking themselves on the side of the road to let me through !!!!

Didn't the dutch invent the speed camera ???? ;) I found the belgians even worse than the Dutch !!! They were proper nutters around Brussels!:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  12. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I was living in Headingley in the 70's - it was a different time.

13. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
  14. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Thoroughly deserved that one. Putting other people at risk is just idiotic.

• Like Like x 2
  15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    yeah. spot the driver with no licence and insurance!
    I find the trouble nowadays is people use indicators, if at all, to tell people where thy are going not where they are about to go. I guess they've been taught that the wheel only turns if you push the little lever up or down.

16. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Shame camera car was not a unmarked police car.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Well he still got 8 months in jail, 28 month ban and a big fine. So he didn't come out of is smiling.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Sadly I think driving standards (aggression) are simply a reflection of peoples day to day lives and is therefore quite regional. Down here in Cornwall life is laid back and road rage is non existent for most of the year. That is until we're invaded by the emmets come the holiday season, sadly it rubs off on the locals too, frustrated by the congestion caused and inconsiderate driving of people on their holidays. Peace and tranquility returns in September and road rage vanishes again till next year.