Warranty Extensions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Willythepooh, Mar 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Willythepooh

Willythepooh New Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Burton
    I would hope that Triumph would extend warranty to any bike that was bought before this lockdown began.
    I doubt it though.
    With the winter / floods / COVID -19, mine has become an ornament.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Don't hold your breath.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Provided that you have your bike serviced on time and by the dealer then Triumph could well look favourably should you have a problem in the third year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I bought my thruxton r last November and parked it up for the winter, so the first 4.5 months it never turned a wheel. I did manage to get a couple of hundred miles on in late March before the lock down. I had a verbal agreement with my dealer about getting the first (500 mile) service once this years season had started, which was good. Like @andypandy says I reckon it is unlikely that Triumph will extend the warranty, if it was my company I don't think I would....

5. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset

I can only speak from my own experience, it was a few years ago but I had a new swinging arm fitted by the dealer as a warranty claim, FOC several months after the warranty expired

• Like Like x 2