Warning Costway Bike Lift

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by dilligaf, Aug 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad:ABSOLUTELY FECKIN SHITE:mad:
    Don’t be tempted to buy one of these costway bike lifts :(
    This piece of cheap Chinese shite collapsed on me before it had even lifted the back wheel off the ground :eek:
    Luckily my bike NUDGER was secure in the bump stop at the front end otherwise he could have come crashing down on me :tired_face:and I would be wearing him instead of riding him :eek::mad:BE WARNED THESE LIFTS ARE SHITE :mad: 4021A36F-A27B-4895-B0A3-1EB8345F2E94.jpeg D314D958-CC49-433C-8197-B129F82F2F69.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Still wouldn’t recommend one of these :mad:
    But I’ve been in touch with the seller through amazon and now that I’ve had a full refund :) I can tell you that after it collapsed :mad: I decided to see if I could fix it :confused:
    I held off posting this cos you never know who’s looking :eek:
    But they’ve not asked for it back :)and I’ve managed to make it workable by attaching the nut to the lift shaft and welding it on :)
    Lifted NUDGERS back wheel clear off the table so I could clean the back wheel and lube the chain etc :cool:
    It’s still a piece of cheap shite though :mad: 9E7EAD0E-ABD9-4639-8DBE-E86DB2EB73CE.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Take it they weren’t bothered sbout having it back? No doubt your like me and you’ll have it modified before you even think about it?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Already done mate :)
    And now usable :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    You’d have thought they might want it back to check why it failed in order to improve it, makes me wonder what kind of product testing went into it before releasing it for sale (none). o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1