Warm Tank

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by birdscustard, Aug 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. birdscustard

birdscustard New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    llanelli
    Hello all I did a decat x pipe on my speed twin and thank god its finished, I only had 50 miles worth of fuel in the tank I did run in for a while switch it off for 50 mins then went for a quick run throttle response seems better sound is beautiful but I noticed both side where my knees rested was much warmer than normal? I never noticed before I decatted any warmth from the tank is it because the tank is low on fuel it gets hotter or could there be another reason or am I worrying over nothing ,it just seems strange.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    My old GSX1400 used to feel warm at the tank when low on fuel, the heat can not dissipate over a large area ( I likened it to a heatsink) hope this is of some help.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Birdscustard
    Welcome to the family if I haven't said it before. And you are indeed worrying over nothing. If you have your bike sitting there or in stationary traffic the sides of the tank can get very warm from the heat rising. If it is getting really hot then have it looked at. But a warm or even very warm is just what happens.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

4. birdscustard

birdscustard New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    llanelli
    Thanks I thought it could be low level causes heat to build up over a smaller volume of liquid, has anyone on the site done a before and after dyno run on a thurxton, speed twin to see if indeed the xpipe does increase the power,torgue curve I'd love to see a chart

• Like Like x 1