Wanted Street Triple 765rs Workshop Manual

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Iceman, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi all, has anyone downloaded the Triumph workshop manual for a 765rs Street Triple to a CD, if anyone has I am willing to buy a copy, the Triumph online version is a complete rip off, can you believe a 12 month subscription costs £3500, are they taking the micky or what. 1 Hour is not enough to download onto a CD and Triumph know this, and I have tried, even with a quick internet speed it can't do it in an hour. PM me if you have a copy and thanks. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Hi @Iceman are all the 765 manuals the same?
    I have a paper copy in x2 big folders for the gen 1 models although I can't recall how I came about it.

Is there anything specific you want as I could photocopy the appropriate sheets and post them on ( obviously not all 600+ pages :eek:) ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    I can't see where the £3500 comes from? Looking at Triumph Technical Information online a 1 month recurring subscription for 1 bike model appears to be £5.99 for an individual user and longer subscriptions are only available to businesses. Note that it auto renews if you do not cancel. Triumph seem to have blocked downloading or printing the entire document.

4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    A years subscription was quoted as £3500, not sure if they made an error or not, and it also appears that they have indeed restricted a complete download of the manual.

5. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Maybe that is what the dealers pay for all models and use of the special tools and diagnostics?

6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Yes that makes sense, no wonder a 12,000 mile service now comes in at close to £1,000 for the STRS 765, thankfully I have the skills to service and repair machines, but for some jobs you need to reference the technical bulletins and information, at least Triumph do for the time being give access to the WM (at a price).

7. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    I also do my own servicing. For me it's all part of the ownership experience and very satisfying, plus I am not working against the clock so can do a more thorough job. Well into retirement now so I have plenty of time on my hands to do what I want to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    A grand, really? Last year my two years was up in October and as we were off on our annual trip to Wales in the August I reluctantly put my Striple into the dealer for an annual service, less than 3k on the clock, plus a break fluid change as I wanted the comfort of it being done and to maintain the RAC breakdown cover that came with the machine. The bill was £290.

9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yes probably, the last time I looked at service prices it was over £700 and that's a few years ago. The official Triumph box of bits is only about £120 + oil + shims, so there is a lot of labour charge tucked in to the overall cost.

10. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    I have an electronic copy of a service manual for a 765 Street Triple RS. I could not find a specific year range when skimming through it. It goes to 700 pages with a file size approaching 30 Mb. Check your email system capability and then PM me with an email address as there are other options open to get a copy to you.

11. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    If you’re looking at valve clearances I can understand it but mine was nowhere near that being required.

12. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Thanks Baza, my e mail should be able to cope with it, I will PM you and thank you so much.

13. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Iceman, post 6, refers to 12k miles and that does include a routine valve clearance check.

14. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    PM sent