Wanted - Chrome Mirror For 95> Trident 900

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Adie P, Dec 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I recently managed to pick up a genuine NOS Trident mirror - it wasn't cheap but it was worth it - to replace the aftermarket/repro mirrors on my black and red 1995 Trident 900. The originals are like those shown on the factory brochure image below.

I'd dearly like to find a match for the other side (I'm not sure whether or not they're 'handed') or even a pair of originals. If needs be, I'd look to getting anything that's not pristine rechromed so I'd be interested in any halfway reaasonable condition item providing it has all the original markings intact. Picky, I know - but as me dear old mum used to say "don't ask, ya don't get!"!

I'd also be happy to trade my nice quality 'look alikes' if needs be!

Anyone?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Good luck, Adie. Pretty sure they're not handed as the mirror will spin through 360deg on the arm.

3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Thanks, Steve. And it will be more akin to divine intervention than luck to find another NOS item - but, never say "never"! I'm contemplating trying to find the email addresses of every Triumph dealer in the world and send them a speculative, begging message ...... desperate times and all that!

Season's best to you and Mrs. STG!

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Cheers, Adie.
    And all the best to you and yours.:party:

What about trying longstanding Triumph dealers such as Jack Lilley, Carl Rosner, Woods in Abergele, etc to see if they have one (or two) in a dark corner somewhere? I think those three have been with Triumph for quite a while. I also seem to remember a dealer in Stoke selling the last few Tridents off a good few years ago. They may have been around a while. National Triumph in Wolverhampton has an ebay shop with loads of used parts - probably all the wrong ones though!:(
    You'd think (hope) that there might be someone herein who has gone down the CRK (I think) cafe racer route, or indeed some other customising route, who has an unwanted original mirror or two tucked away somewhere.
    Just a few random thoughts!:confused:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Wanted - Chrome Mirror For 95> Trident 900.
    That sounds like a very fair exchange to me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Great shout Steve - thanks for those names. I'll definitely give them a go.

I, too, thought that the number of CRK conversions around might have implied a good chance of one or two decent mirrors being surplus to requirements but, so far - ZILCH. That said, it does seem to be the earlier Tridents etc., (91 - 93) that are being converted and they had the all black mirrors. Such is the fate of T3 owners? The search goes on!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    It's definitely panto season, innit? :D:party:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Oh yes it is!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    But this year, coming to a theatre near you, and for one year only ..... "Oh no it isn't!":eek:: unamused::(

10. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    It's behind you...shhhh!

11. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Ooh ..... sneaky!!:scream:

12. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member