Want To Raise The Handlebars

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Dougsbike, Sep 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougsbike

Dougsbike New Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Dunstable
    Does anyone know if it is possible (or have already done) to raise the bars up by an inch on a 58 plate America without having to extend any cables? Being 6'5" I feel they would be more comfortable for someone my height.
    Any insights appreciated.

2. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I fitted pull back risers to my 2005 Speedmaster. I didn't have to change the cables.

It brought the bars back a couple of inches, so I'm guessing if your just lifting the bars an inch or so, you wouldn't have to change the cables.

I've seen for sale spacers which fit under the existing risers to raise them up an inch or so. Can't remember where I saw them, but I'm sure a search of the web will through up sellers

Here's my post regarding fitting pullback risers:-

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/swapped-stock-2005-risers-for-newer-model-risers.5427/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dougsbike

Dougsbike New Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Dunstable
    thanks for the information Scoot65 I will take a look around the net and see what I find.

4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I have 2009 America, I fitted the risers from the speedmaster, I only needed to reroute cables etc.

Cheers capt.