Vizi Tech Brake Modulator

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Sideburn, Jan 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sideburn

Sideburn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    If you guys haven't heard of these folks, you should check them out. These little devices modulate the brake by flashing, using various algorithms. It is simple plug and play with OEM connectors. I highly recommend them. It took all of about 1 minute to install. A little expensive but you can fine tune them and the additional intelligence that monitors time between brake cycles, etc. is awesome.

I looked at several, and I have friends that have used a few other brands, but this is superb. It is also built like a tank and they have a 10 year warranty!

http://www.vizi-tec.com/

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Does it constantly flash when the brakes are applied or can you set it up? My Motodynamic integrated tail light flashes three times quickly before it stays on solidly.

3. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    #3 Sideburn, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    It is highly programmable and microprocessor controlled. There are 10 different modes, all slight variations to get the exact behavior you want. You can get all the details from the instructions on their website. It is quite genius.

It measures the time between brake cycles and will change behavior. This avoids unnecessary flashing or target fixation for drivers behind you. For example, it will flash 7 times then solid if more than 80 seconds has gone by between braking. If only 12 seconds, it flashes twice and then solid. If less than 12, it functions as a regular light, not flashing. You can even release and reapply the brake in less than 1 second to force a short flash if you see someone coming up on your 6 faster than you like.

Again, this is all tunable to what you like. I am using profile 5.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Sounds like a quality kit. Thanks for sharing.

5. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    They really are. I'm an Electrical Engineer myself, and I know a quality electronic piece of kit when I see it. Well worth the price and as I understand it, the developer is working on new features to expand further.

They will also rework the device and swap out connectors on the cheap if you change bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    It should also hook up to the Motodynamic integrated taillight that I installed on mine as well.

7. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Correct. It has different frequencies that work with LED or standard bulbs. I just love the extra mile they went to really create something unique and at the same time, keep us safe out there.

• Like Like x 1