video of the updated prototype indicator warning light for america speedmaster

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Englishman, May 12, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Apologies if you were looking for this on the older thread. I had to delete it as I made a spelling mistake on the title. DOH! This is a different vid with the prototype tidied up a bit.

Here it is, If there is interest, I could make 10 on the CNC when I have the finish design ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSVQyK3wY4&feature=youtu.be

He

• Like Like x 1
  2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Hi Englishman ,
    Let me know what the costs are as I would be interested .looks like a great idea :upyeah:

3. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    How odd, I did a similar video a while back to show an American bloke who had the same concerns as we did about the visibility of the light!

I must say yours is a bit brighter than mine! If I hadn't already fitted one I'd be very interested in yours.

[video]http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/dogsbody99/media/Indicator2_zps6b5bfebe.mp4.html[/video]

4. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I shall, look ut for the production model coming soon
    Al

5. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Blimey, that shows that its really a universal problem. Perhaps triumph should have thought of offering a warning light that is easy to see!
    Al

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    If it came in a chrome outer case I would definitely buy that mate! I would want to hide the wiring somehow though.

This could be your dragons den moment :upyeah:

7. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Hi Englishman ,I quess your won't be developing this now you are selling the America

8. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Hi Buddy
    Yes, Ill still develop this as it would benefit any cruiser with a winker light on the tank so the market is there for me. I was very pleased with it on a 200 mile ride last weekend. It actually acted as a head-up display on the screen even in bright sunshine as well as being a massive improvement all by itself. Its a major benefit to the bike.

Just out of interest, if this was in polished alloy with no wires and well finished, what would the market be willing to pay? They would all be CNC machined and very high quality. not a cheap item.

Al

9. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Hi Englishman ,

really depends on what the price will be ,the polished would be good ,you would have to cost out the price plus a bit on top for yourself what sort of price are you thinking

10. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Hi
    I'm not sure, but it would have to be worth it, The problem is, I could make them just too good.......... as in the quality that I would want on my bike and they would be too expensive for most. I will have to work it out.

If you want the prototype for free you are welcome to it as I would like some feedback on the durability of the LED's that I used. I think they will be fine forever but if you ride your bike a lot and it sees the weather then you would be my ideal tester.

PM me if you want it and are prepared to tell me how it goes in service.

Al

11. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Have sent PM

12. T4bloke

T4bloke New Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Middle England
    Did anything materialise with this mod??

13. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    If it didn't then have a look at this

I fitted one to my America and it worked well.

14. trev62

trev62 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Bedfordshire
    Hi any update on the indicator MOD

15. alfie92

alfie92 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
    [​IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Here is a pic of what I done, the neutral light is an led number plate light, on the right hand side of speedo. The left and right lights are led indicator reminders.

16. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

It would be even better if the neutral, high beam, and oil pressure warning lights were included. It's a real pain to see the lights on the tank mounted console at times. This seems to be a design issue that should have bitten the Triumph designers on the ar$e back in the day, But, like all designers I doubt they even think of such simple things and probably don't ride what they design anyway. Rant over, how much would I have to lash out to get one?