Vibration When Applying Front Brake

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aldew, Jun 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aldew

Aldew New Member

Jan 1, 2021
    Scotland
    I have a Triumph Tiger 1050 sport, 6 months old and 2500 miles...recently when applying the front brake I get a brief vibration...not every time and not severe but this is new to the bike...I have read that this could be down to warped discs...anyone experienced similar problems?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Aldew
    Sometimes this is a sure sign. But check and clean all the bobbins on the disc make sure the spin and float properly. Or just clean your calipers so the pads are moving back freely. Let us know how you get on please. Bike of this milage should not be playing up unless some has been harsh with the front brakes.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aldew

Aldew New Member

Jan 1, 2021
    Scotland
    Thanks...will do...only rider of bike and not had any incidents that would cause damage....seemed ok after 500 service and a recent development.

• Like Like x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Aldew
    Maybe bleed the brakes as well. Just changed my fluid and bled mi as brakes were poor and what a difference.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    As Joe has said a good clean of everything should sort this out but you could also check if there is any “runout” on the discs with either a dial test gauge if you have access to one or simply a screwdriver or similar held against the fork while the wheel is rotated ( wheel raised obviously).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aldew

Aldew New Member

Jan 1, 2021
    Scotland
    Thanks for all the advice..gave the discs and callipers a good clean with brake cleaner and all back to normal. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
  7. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    I get a brief vibration when I accelerate......the bikes fine though :cool::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Aldew.
    Glad you are all sorted again. Give your self a big pat on the back.
    Joe.