Vibration Street Triple 2022 - Left Grip Only

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Oliverclarke, Oct 9, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oliverclarke

Oliverclarke New Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Portsmouth
    Hello ,
    I have a new street triple R. It has done 2000m and I take it steady.

However I get vibration at speed of 65mph + through the left part of the handle bar that causes mirror to become useless due to its image being distorted by the vibration. It’s uncomfortable too. However the right grip and mirror is stable.

any ideas please ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Time to get the torque wrench out. Being only the left side I’d start up top at your mirrors, bar clamp, triples, axle pinch bolts, then all your engine mounting bolts. If going over the bike with a torque wrench doesn’t solve it, try getting your wheels balanced. Good luck to ya!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Oliverclarke
    Welcome to the family. Yes i think i would look at the tyres and balance weights. And make sure it is torqued correctly.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oliverclarke

Oliverclarke New Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Portsmouth
    Thanks Guys,

I will do that. Many thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Oliver and a warm welcome to the forum, there is a plastic ring that sits in the bar end and locates on a peg, if the bar is knocked (either in the workshop or at home, then the ring can easily crack and leads to a distorted mirror image, the other issue with some of the 765 mirrors is the threaded pivot on the actual mirror, the nut that holds the mirror itself may be tight, however the pivot (threaded ball) still has some play, hence the distortion, some vibration occurs no matter what model Street Triple 765 you have, however this should not affect the mirror's image. I would ring your dealer and return the machine for a replacement mirror. Mine was changed under warranty and has been trouble free since. Once out of warranty the mirror is only sold as a unit, even though the stem and mirror are separate, the mirror is £75 and the plastic ring is another £20. There are also 2 different diameter bars, the mirrors fit both however the plastic ring will not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oliverclarke

Oliverclarke New Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Portsmouth
    Hello Iceman,

I will take your advice and get her booked in making reference to your remedy . Many thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Oliver let the forum know how you get on, I guess your dealer is Destination Triumph, they have a good reputation so you should have no issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oliverclarke

Oliverclarke New Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Portsmouth
    Will do.