Tiger 800 Variable Oe Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Jester Jak, Apr 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jester Jak

Jester Jak New Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Cornwall
    I know there has been plenty of talk about the screens for the Tiger 800. I still am at a loss as to if they will fit the adjustable screen, so my question is:

Will the Puig Vario ( or any other similar tall touring screen) screen fit to the Tiber 800 (2011) with the adjustable angled screen?

Does any one have and ideas on the part numbers ( name and make) for the side wings that fit the OE Variable adjusted screen. My bike has holes drilled in the screen and would like to refit what ever was fitted to the screen before i bought it. it also has the holes at the top of the screen which i guess are for Puig Vario Wing!

Any help will be appreciated in reducing the buffeting!

2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I’ve never seen side wings fitted to a OEM adjustable screen, maybe it was a home made mod.

When I had a 2013 XC I fitted a Madstad screen complete with winglets(side wings)it looked pig ugly but worked a treat.

3. Jester Jak

Jester Jak New Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Cornwall
    Thanks for the reply.

I had looked at a Madstad screen but as you say they look ugly! i was hoping to get a Puig or Givi screen but am still non the wiser if they fit with the adjustable screen > i might just have to buy one a see!

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Buying screens seems to be a complete lottery.

User ‘word of mouth’ is a more reliable guide than manufacturer blurb given that showroom aesthetics generally trump aerodynamics. And then, inconveniently, we all come in different sizes too......

5. Jester Jak

Jester Jak New Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Cornwall

Ive 'bit the bullet' and bought a screen. We'll so if it fits with the adjusters, if not then ill have a screen for sale! i hope it makes the screen quieter and well buffety!

Ill update once I've fitted it and see how it fairs!

• Like Like x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Me and Steve Lovatt have got madstads on our tigers, we both agree they’re grrrrrreat! Visor up at 70mph Really useful for putting a satnav mount on too!
    E11D4602-411A-4B68-B903-C9BC9B623FBE.jpeg

7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  9. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Must have been a lucky buy given what they're normally advertised for!
    Still ugly though :D

Normal price for Madstad new is @£270 compared to £64 for the MRA.

10. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Givi airflow on mine. Really happy with it. Most of the original plumbing had to be removed to fit it though.

11. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Not sure if i can mention other websites?. But If you go on to the Tiger sport 1050 site. Look for the screen tread, a chap has posted an engineering drawing of the side wings if you want to make some yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EMZEE

EMZEE New Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Canada
    Agree on the Madstad, they are great ( deflection, wind protection etc..) I had one on my previous bike ( GS 800) it did look ugly lol. I replace the windscreen on my 2019 Tiger 800 XRT with the Givi one. I am in Canada and the Puig wasn't easily available, besides that I read that Givi or Puig are of the same quality. Replacing the OEM with the Givi was easy. No interference with the existing OEM side screen. But this is for a 2018 or 2019 model.

• Like Like x 1