Sprint GT Valve Cover Gasket

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Mpgscott, Sep 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mpgscott

Mpgscott Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    #1 Mpgscott, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Well checking the valves is the easy part after three attempts I got mine all sealed up. Just wanted to share some lessons that I’ve got from doing this.

Once you are in a place to remove the cover I found that if you pull the wiring harness that runs down the front of the throttle bodies, if you pull this out from under the throttle bodies then get a pal to pull this up at the cam chain sprocket end of the valves then it makes the whole removal and fitting really simple.

I wish I had taken some pics to show this.

Next I found that once you have the head and valve cover all cleaned up then as others had suggested get hylomar blue universal sealer (don’t use anything else)

Anyway I put a light smear onto to valve cover then onto the gasket, fitted the gasket onto the valve cover. Make sure it’s all seated nicely and then clean up any overspill especially from internals of the cover.

Then I put a light smear on the head, put a small smear on the other side of the gasket. Leave for about a cup of tea time.

At same time seal up the three spark plug gaskets same way.

Seal in the three guide seats to the valve cover the seal keeps them in place nicely if your worried of them falling out.

After said cup of tea get your willing assistant to hold the harness up out of the way on the cam chain sprocket ends.

Now just lift the valve cover into place flat and it will slot right into place in one easy move.

Make sure gasket is all good paying attention to the lobes. Check with a torch see it’s all good.

Torque them down to 14nm in the sequence below.

[​IMG]

Re-route wiring and any hoses or cables you may have moved around the throttle bodies.

Just thought it worth writing up as it’s a bit of a pain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1