Sprint Using ecu tune

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Herbos, Jan 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Hi guys do I have to install a map to ecu tune for my triumph.or can I just use the ecu tune separate to check balanced throttle bodies.tps stepper motor etc?

2. Taff Salmon

Taff Salmon Active Member

Aug 22, 2016
    no
    You can just observe the std settings without disturbing anything.
    So yes you can check any of the settings without installing any new tunes

• Like Like x 1
  3. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    I just bin reading the ecu tune site an it's says you need to upload a map for your bike.an there is four to choose from.little bit confused it's something new

4. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
  5. trudd

trudd Member

Oct 13, 2014
    You don't have to up/download a map. You can use tuneecu to view/clear codes, look at TPS, balanced throttle bodies etc without touching the map.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    #6 Herbos, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    It's ok dude when you look at instruction s for ecu tune it goes on about selecting a map for your bike

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What theyre saying is download the map you want onto your laptop that you want loaded onto the bike. You don't have to do this yet, you can connect and use tuneecu to check diagnostics etc only, if you wish, no maps involved.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Take
    Take it you done this before?

9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah, I was surprised how easy it was, just search Youtube etc and there'll be loads of guides

• Like Like x 1
  10. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Yeah bin looking YouTube,google ecu tune site.My triumph is idling higher in neutral.from what I 've been told on here and Google !! It's either a vacuum leak my iacv valve stepper motor or my tps.just wondering if I could hook it up to my Windows 10 tablet.or if I should jus buy a laptop more expense lol.got two bikes an shit loads needs spending on the two :(

11. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Does a map need be uploaded before I reset the tps

12. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    No Herbos,
    But if you have a map loaded up in tuneecu when you connect it up to your bike and then want to read ( scan) the current map it progresses quicker , like two or three minutes as against a possible 10 minutes plus, this is because it doesn't have to Write the whole map !

It really is a small simple program to use ! I used it for the first time about 9yrs ago, and there was very little knowledge or guidance out there then ! I got by OK !!

Cheers Mick (capt).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Nice one Mick,

Think I m lacking confidence,think I need just jump in head first an learn swim.Bin trying look for a renthal conversion kit for the Sprint rs that will fit with fairing but I ain't got a clue :)

14. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Yeah saw on ktm video a guy scanning is ecu.for the current map

15. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Have you used ecu tune dude.just received my cable but it says on the first run have your kill switch off.I have not noticed this in any YouTube videos

16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #16 crispey, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Yeah means have your kill switch in the run mode as you need electrics fully working as you need ignition on. You also want to take headlight fuse out

• Like Like x 1
  17. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Herbos,

The best advice for using "tuneecu" is on the tuneecu website, I would recommend using battery charger on bike battery during use of the program and if using a laptop plug its charger in to ! Pull headlight fuse if you don't have a battery charger. Make sure you have the correct cable driver and if using windows 7 or 8. Have all recommended updates , check tuneecu website, if windows 10 turn off internet when installing cable driver. Use only the recommended driver, this works best, if you leave internet connection active windows will search and installed the driver it recommends, this will work but the connection can be intermittent or slow on each first use .

Cheers and have fun !

Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 1
  18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What capn says

19. Herbos

Herbos Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Stoke on trent
    Was goin use the android app on my phone dude.but I might install ecu tune to my tablet it's on Windows 10.

• Like Like x 1
  20. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Herbos,
    Let us know how it goes for you. I read up all I could about tuneecu and being a motor mechanic I went for it after a couple of runs on my desk top fiddling with the program. I looked through out the settings and the modes of operation.
    The hardest part nowadays is picking the map you will use, when I used it there weren't any after market tunes, so I had my bike dyno tuned cost me $400 plus the power commander about $500. As the dyno operator didn't know how to use tuneecu , I then worked out how to put the PC map changes (import) into the bikes mapping and then loaded into the ecu. I put my map on the tuneecu site, sent it to the admin. Hope there is a map to suit your needs as my options turned out expensive !

Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 1