Usb Connections Speedmaster

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Stuart Jenness, Feb 27, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stuart Jenness

Stuart Jenness New Member

Feb 27, 2023
    Cheshire
    Hi I have a 2021 triumph Speedmaster. I am looking o put quad lock on the handlebar and connect the wireless charge back to a supply. A friend has a Rocket GT3 and they have a hidden usb. Does anyone know if the Speedmaster has any usb ports as opposed to run cable back to battery terminals which are already full from optimal and warm and safe connections.

2. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    There are no USB ports on the Speedmaster. There is a connector taped up under the fuel tank for use with the optional auxiliary power socket. (which is a 12V Hella socket.). See the fitting instructions for how to access the connector and wire.

The circuit is unswitched, so connects straight to the battery (though a 5A fuse) meaning any USB adaptor or satnav mount using it will likely draw current all the while (as they'll contain a voltage converter to get 5V). My TomTom satnav mount does, so to avoid flattening the battery I unplug it if I end up not riding my bike for more than a week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1