Upgrading And Relocating Reg/rec On A Tt600

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Captain Klang, Feb 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Captain Klang

Captain Klang Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Yorkshire
    I’m looking at relocating the Regulator/Rectifier on my TT as i’ve read a few things about them being a bit problematic with being unable to dissipate heat build up in its location behind the left side seat panel.

Has anyone done a similar thing and where have you put it?

Im not worried about making up a bracket to secure it, thats easy enough to do.

I’m also thinking about upgrading it to a GSXR unit, as ive read somewhere they are a bit more reliable. The pre 2005 ones from the 600/750/1000 all seem to be the same layout and wiring configuration. They also seem to be about half the price too, probably due to mass production and cross model compatibility.

When i tested mine, it seemed to be doing the right things, but im still only getting about 13 to 13.2 volts which drops to about 12.8 when you rev the engine.

It could be the battery, but that charges fine off the bike, though if left for a period, drains enough to not want to turn the bike over. I put that down to the alarm more than anything, though im wondering if i’m losing a cell.

Again, any thoughts?