Featured Updated Street Triple

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Mrs Visor, Mar 10, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    • Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I'd be very sceptical of the ohlins forks! Any Triumph I ever rode with ohlins forks was far to hard for our roads. I owned the previous gen 765 and even it was a little too harsh. Recently rode the current model and joy of joys, Triumph have got it perfect! Its the same showa fork, ohlins shock but they've softened it. Something they didnt advertise with the current model but the dealer informed me and told me to take it out a spin after I mentiond my last one was a bit harsh. I'm going to buy it, its the perfect street triple even though its got a shit colour scheme. I've been saying this for years, the street triple is Triumphs best machine. I've had 2 and I'm going to have a third while the current model is in this state of perfection!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I do really love mine; but as my only big - bike owning experience then I suppose I would :joy:. It's the best bike in the world to me ;).

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    It was my first proper bike too, in 2013. I've owned 12 or more bikes since then and keep coming back to the street triple. Its the perfect combination of speed, weight and agility for the roads. You'll never need more! I've had technically superior bikes but the street triple always has a special place in my heart. Maybe my current KTM superduke is the only machine that I'm as fond of, but I really fear for my licence with it as I just cant behave on it. Literally points skywards at triple figure speeds... constantly o_O I love it but is going to see me in trouble sooner or later.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    That’s good to know about the suspension. The trend for a hard ride wasn’t appreciated on our crappy roads.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    2021 Sandi :).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    I found my 2021 R (LRH) too hard such that one road near me was almost impossible with it’s washboard surface. My Ducati, which has always bounced me out of my seat over bumps, is not as bad.

I have since adjusted my suspension settings to “comfort” mode which is still pretty harsh on this particular road but I only go 66 kg in normal clothing so to improve further will need to change the spring as it comes out of the factory with rear preload set at minimum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I haven’t tried playing with my suspension settings yet but maybe I’ll spend some time with them on a sunny day. I can always put it back to the factory setting and get someone to look at it who knows what they’re doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I have no benchmark with which to compare it as my only experiences have been a couple of 125s and the Gladius and SV650 - the Gladius felt sort of "wallowy" and the SV I only rode once for my test and can't say I was thinking about the suspension amongst test nerves although it did feel much nicer than the Gladius. The suspension on the Street Triple does feel hard to me. I am about 6-8kg lighter than you Baza on average in normal clothing so perhaps "comfort" mode would improve things for me too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    As part of the toolkit you should have a special tool under the pillion seat for adjusting the forks. It was missing on my bike which made fork adjustments a total pain. It has since been provided by Triumph.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I do have it, thanks :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Dont keep that special in its space under the seat. It always falls out!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    It's with my documents in the house :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    As I found out when clipping it into its slot. So a couple of strips of insulating tape are now assisting it to stay put.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    One or two comments above re Ohlins being too firm, tend to agree, on the Monster 1100 I had even on the softest setting they were a little harsh, you’d think it possible for Ohlins to make the softest setting very soft but it appears not, I steer clear of Ohlins now and would rather have a base model without them, probably different for those that do track days where there could be some benefit?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wfc-james

Wfc-james Senior Member

Mar 17, 2022
    Sheffield, UK
    Not much to differentiate it from the speedy.
    Think they look better with a fly screen too

• Agree Agree x 2