Featured Update On My Tsx

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by joe mc donald, Jan 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Just an update on my TSX I have started to put it all back together. Actually had it running today and seems to be quite nice. When I get it running good I want to take it to a good electrically minded body to get it to run without the lights. I do think some one has messed around with the wiring as it has a switch on were all the lights work except the head light but the bike doesn't start but then you click it once more and all the lights come on and its starts. And on the right hand switch there is a switch that says headlight and side light were someone has removed the wires. I am not going to mess with the tank as this is the oem item. But later I will search for another one and use that. Will keep you all informed how I get on.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

• Like Like x 15
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Nice stash of new parts :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    The wonders of electrics, first you have Joe lucas then any number of ham fisted owners trying to sort something out that they know nout about. Lol
    All good fun in the end tho. Good luck and I'm sure it's worth it .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    My pet hate is messing with previously messed with electrics, bikes aren't so bad but cars are just a headache, i always rewire a project bike ...at least i know whats what......that's IF i remember to write it down:worried:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes chaps I agree. I hate starting a job that has been messed with. I believe the faults I have is someone tried to rewire the lights as it was American to start with. I won't play with it as it is not my forte. My boy is going to have a look as he is a mechanical / electrical engineer if he doesn't like it I will take it to a qualified engineer as I really want this machine on the road.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Here is the bike now. The piece of wood is now redundant. I have totally fell in love with this machine. I might start searching for switches and exhausts and the like as I am sure they will be hard to find.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  7. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Nice work Joe, ready for the summer :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yeh looks great Joe I'm sure you'll get it all sorted looks in good order. :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Very nice i'm sure there are not many of them left around.

• Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes I think there was about 370 or so made. This one is sweet as a nut. I just love it. The wiring bodges seem to be all in the lights and its got me confused at present but my boy may be able to sort it. The bike is not 100 percent pristine but its nice and I have the rest of my ownership to tinker with it as it will stay with me now its come home and I will try to treat it kindly. Hopefully yes ready for the Summer then I can go out and show off.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Looking good Joe, will be great for you to ride it & enjoy the fruits of your labour when the weather picks up mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    That's one fine looking ride you have there! Enjoy and be safe!

• Like Like x 2
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peeps Had the old girl out today. Took it for an mot which it flew through. The tester wanted to buy it of me or even trade it against his Ducati. Wasn't happening. I went for about 20 mile just to see if it was behaving and it purred. Well happy chappie now. Thanks for all the support.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 9
  14. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Great news getting it through its MOT Joe, the cheek of it offering a Ducati in exchange lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    DarkMan.
    It was a nice Duke but not as nice as my TSX and he was a nice chap. He couldn't believe it was so nice and ran so sweet even the old electrics seemed to behave them self's. Only thing that happened was a leak from the right carb but by the time I got home it was cured. Thanks for all your support.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 6
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ron.
    Thanks Mate. Can't wait till we get some good weather so I can take it out to the local meets. For some reason I saw this bike and just fell in love with it. Even though I had the black version some years ago and two of the TSS'S. But I am settled now and won't be buying any more. Alought I keep looking at the 675's and think I wonder what trade in I would get for my Hornet then I would have an all Triumph garage. Been following you rebuild with great interest and it seems you are almost there. I don't understand the title bit seems a bit harsh when you have the bike like new.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Joe, the Hornets gotta go, a lovely 675R to replace, look on the bright side, your boy could tune the beejezus outa that!

• Like Like x 2
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bad Billy
    Please don't tempt me. And I know what that scallywag would be doing like you. Arse up head down tearing around some track. You Boys don't know what slow or moderate is. God only knows what he would do to it.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Do it! Do it! :imp:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. joe mc donald