Featured Rideout Up The East Coast Then Through The Cairngorms

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dougie D, Jul 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Had a brilliant run yesterday with the wife we took the back roads to Montrose then up the East Coast to Dunnottar Castle, before heading up one of the best roads in the east "The Slug Road" you have to go through Stonehaven to get on it. it's a fantastic road that winds it's way all the way up to Banchory,stopped of at Aboyne for a huge fish with chips at the Boat Inn,once we got to Braemar the road was closed due to a bike accident a few miles south,so we took the little single track road that takes you past the golf course and runs parallel with the A93 you go over a small hump back bridge to join the A93

A few pics of Dunnottar Castle Yesterday
    castle.jpg

castle2.jpg

castle3.jpg

my wee fish supper
    fish.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Jeezus h Christ! And we were accusing the Japanese for the whale population depletion!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Awesome pics Dougie, I had Dunnotar as a background on my pc for a long time, cannot fail to be in a good mood looking at those images. Lovely part of the UK.

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    When we were riding up the A92 coastal road there was a lot of harr and you coudn't see the water, but once we got near Dunnotter it cleared and the views were lovely

5. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Thanks It was my wifes phone camera i used as i'd forgot to take my little camera and my phones battery had died..the fact that it was a lovely sunny day helped!

• Like Like x 1
  7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Went to Dunnottar castle last year, it's stunning but a right knackering walk back up all those steps. What a fish though ?

• Like Like x 3