Unknown at Triumph

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by David Butler, Aug 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Butler

David Butler New Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Fareham, Hants
    I have a 2001 Triumph Adventurer in original condition. I am trying to source the 2 bolts that secure the seat. I was sent Part No. T3330727 which is a bolt threaded the whole length, my bolts have a shoulder 9.8 mm long and 8.6 mm diameter where it passes through the Sissy Bar bracket then screws into the lug behind. As can be seen from the pictures the hole in the bracket has not been opened up as the chrome is intact inside the hole. Has anyone got an Adventurer and can confirm if this is the correct bolt please?

Dave 20160805_163344.jpg 20160805_164256.jpg

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Someone should have and may be able to help - but in the meantime welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Can you get a thin bit of tubing/spacer that can fit over the thread and act as the shoulder?

• Like Like x 1
  4. David Butler

David Butler New Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Fareham, Hants
    Thanks chaps. Was looking into a spacer if I could find something the right diameter, a last resort would have been for my son-in-law who has his own stainless fabrication business to knock a couple up, but, last night I Google'd "Triumph Seat Bolts" and up cam a page of hundreds of pictures and well down the list appeared bolts like mine, on selecting it, up came "Wemoto" who supply them but are made to order, the Part No. was "Suzuki 09139-06-138" and there was an extensive list of bikes that use this bolt including mine. I Google'd that number and they came up on e-bay with the identical measurements so have ordered a couple which should arrive Tues/Wed.
    Considering the list of Triumph models listed as using this same bolt I am surprised Triumph say they are not a Triumph part.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  6. David Butler

David Butler New Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Fareham, Hants
    Thanks jtd, yep have seen that, it shows bolts that were sent to me which are incorrect.

7. David Butler

David Butler New Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Fareham, Hants
    To conclude this Post, I received the bolts "Suzuki 09139-06-138", and can confirm they are the correct part.
    All fitted and correct!