Thruxton Uncomfortable Seat

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by davethewelder, Jul 16, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. davethewelder

davethewelder New Member

Apr 22, 2022
    North Port, florida
    On my 900 Thruxton I have an aftermarket seat that has storage under the cowling, any way its padding is way soft and I'm good for Sunday rides that are about 150 miles. I was thinking about 3/4" seat jell padding or possible trimming out some of the foam and use Horse hair. Really dont want to change seats, that storage spot hold s a lot. Any thoughts about either?

2. Dave Roxburgh

Dave Roxburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    My Fazer seat was stupidly sloped forward - I was always sliding forward over my nuts - very irritating. I did a bit of reading about seat design and decided it wasn't so difficult. I removed the cover and replaced a section of foam with one that was mainly just shaped differently. I needed to buy the foam, some foam glue/cement. You'll also need a staple gun to put the cover back on with. My Fazer seat is now superb - so much better than the original.

• Like Like x 1