Unable To Adjust Clutch Freeplay/ Outercable Adjuster Nuts On Tiger 800 Xrt

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Evan P, Oct 14, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Evan P

Evan P New Member

Oct 14, 2022
    Salem, Oregon
    Hey all, I am really stumped here.
    I need to adjust my clutch freeplay and one of the adjuster nuts seems to be fused to another piece of metal. I watched a video and the guy adjusts the freeplay on a tiger as well but mine looks different. There are two photos that show what I am talking about. One from the video and one from my bike. The duct tape on my bike was me having something to clamp down on while i tried to spin the nut. There seems to be a metal rod that is farther up the clutch cable on the bike and on mine its right up against the outer adjuster nut. Even in the user manual the clutch outer cable (which might be the metal tube I'm talking about) isnt right up on the adjuster nut. I have absolutely NO slack in my clutch cable even after doing everything I have read/ seen online. I will admit this is really my first time doing this basic maintinence so if it is simple understand this is a learning experience for me lol any and all help greatly appreciated. Cheers.

IMG_20221013_114435_01_2.jpg

Screenshot_20221013-114254_2.png