Un Happy With Dealer

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Adam Davis, Oct 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adam Davis

Adam Davis New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Redditch
    Ive just collected my used speed triple R on Tuesday night. They said they would do a service and what ever needs doing they would do. When i picked it up from the store closer to me(not selling store) i asked what they did and he replied just a oil a filter as its 6 years old. Looking at the service sheet i have it says every 3 years change the coolant and every 2 years do brake fluid neither has been ticked as doing them. Should i complain really ? Sorry to rant on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Adam,
    If they stated they would do whatever needs doing to the bike, then I think you have a good case for asking them to do the unticked items as they clearly need doing.
    At the end of the day it is not expensive or that time consuming to do the work yourself.
    but I think the principle is whatever needs doing will be done
    I would have a polite word with them
    good luck and let us know how you get on please

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Hi Adam. If it were me and I purchased the bike from a Triumph dealer then I would expect them to provide the proper service, especially if purchased as "Triumph Approved Used". However if purchased from an independent dealer then I would do fluids and brake service myself.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Adam Davis

Adam Davis New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Redditch
    Hi. Yeah it was an approved triumph dealer so would of thought it be done

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    If an official Triumph dealer then give them a call and politely point out the service requirements for the bike, and that you purchased it on the understanding that it would be serviced. If the bike was specifically sold as "Triumph Approved Used" where it comes with an official Triumph 12 month warranty, then proper servicing is a requirement of the "Triumph Approved" status.

Capture.PNG

Triumph Approved Used: https://www.triumphapproved.co.uk/pages/about/approved-pre-owned-benefits.htm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Adam Davis

Adam Davis New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Redditch
    Hi
    Well its an Approved dealer but only got a 3 warranty on it. So would that mean its not triumph approved used then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    No it wouldn't have been sold as Triumph Approved. But I would still contact the dealer and discuss the service with them, if they said they would service it and do whatever needed doing, then according to Triumph it needs those other service requirements completing. Hopefully the dealer will want to maintain your good will, and agree to complete the service.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Adam Davis

Adam Davis New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Redditch
    Hi
    Ok thanks for that I'll give them a call and see whats going to happen if anything. Will post on here for update

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adam Davies.
    Welcome to the family. Do hit the upload a file button and let us see the steed. Do you have a service book with the bike as it should have had a 6000 mile service. If it is stamped then all the bits have been done. Yes you have every right to ask that the bike be put right. You can use the Mot inspectorate or ombudsman or just good old trading standards. These items are a requirement and should be done to keep your steed road worthy.
    Ride Safe & Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Adam Davis

Adam Davis New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Redditch
    Rang up the dealer and got told they only visually check and if its an odd colour they would change. Then he said I'll ring the old customer to see if he had it done. I had a call back from the manager saying we will cover the cost of doing the fluids for you as it should of been done regardless when we did the oil/filter. So happy days

• Like Like x 6
  11. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    nice result and good on the dealer for honouring it. I think you should mention them as they have come good

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Adam Davis

Adam Davis New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Redditch

It was a dealer called Sutton motorcycles

• Like Like x 3
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well done Sutton motors. But well done aswel Adam Davies for persisting. A service is a service and needs to be done by the books. Just for safety if nothing else. Great result all round.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    It's not a bad idea when closing in on a used bike, of any make, to ask the seller, private or trade, to hand over the service records for the machine so that you can see for yourself what has been done, or claimed to have been done.
    If you don't like the response or what you see, then walk away or negotiate the matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fedeferr

fedeferr New Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Florida
    BEWARE!!! DON'T GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO THIS COMPANY!!!

I purchase in my life so far 46 motorcycles, both in Europe and USA, fairly decent experience in the field therefore.

This Dealer misrepresented the motorcycle they sold to me, they misrepresented the shipping, they have been extremely responsive before cashing my check then disappeared when it was time to take care of the issues arose.
    It took 7 weeks to receive the bike, damaged, despite they represented it immaculate and to deliver in 3 days.
    Multiple attempts to have them resolve have all been ignored, poorly hiding behind the distance between me in Florida and them in Illinois.

Sales "Manager"...Brian Martin and "Salesman" Don Buss both have lied and have been completely non responsive, companies as Harley Davidson, Triumph and KTM should be very careful to be represented this way.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BUSINESS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Pleased that it was all resolved mate, just goes to show a friendly approach when things do go wrong can really work in your favour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1