Tyres. What Do I Need To Know?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by dirty big hands, Aug 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    I inherited, on my TBS, a very squared off rear tyre. Even with my lack of experience I can feel the point where it "rolls over the edge"!
    I've searched forums and reviews and decided to give Pirelli Angel GT's a go, but I have no idea!
    What do I need to know about new tyres?

2. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    How to scrub in new tyres I'm especially interested in, I was following a friend on new tyres and saw him go sliding across the road. I couldn't believe it would happen so easily!

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Take it easy going round bends no sudden movements or braking

4. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    #3 GaryM, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    It's just follow the usual scrubbing them in advice.
    Most modern tyres don't actually need that much scrubbing in nowadays but I still do.
    It's usually recommended to keep throttle below 70% , no harsh / quick acceleration or braking.
    Gradually increasing lean angles. Take the tyre through several warm up cool down cycles.
    In other words take it easy for about 100/200 miles, different manufacturers recommend different mileages.
    The tyre fitter will advise you when fitting the new tyres and if they don't ask what the particular manufacturer recommends for that tyre.

• Useful Useful x 1