Tyres for a Daytona 600

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Strike Sure, Jul 30, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Strike Sure

Strike Sure New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    London
    #1 Strike Sure, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Tyres / Tyre Pressure for a Daytona 600

Need a new set of tyres shortly. Believe the set on my bike are pirelli.
    As new to biking i dont have much experience if any on motorbike tyres and what i need and should be looking at.
    At the moment the bike is going to be used for weekend rides out and commuting through town for the next 6 months at least.
    So need a reasonable tyre but not too ridiculously expensive.

Open to all suggestions. Someone has recommend Pilot 3 but have no idea about these.

Many thanks

:upyeah:

2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Pirelli (pronounced Pirethly - they're Welsh) are good tyres. On the SIII I only ride on Pilot Road 3s - grip really well wet or dry and last for ages. Hope this helps. :smile:

3. Strike Sure

Strike Sure New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    London
    I decided on the PR3's in the end. What would people suggest as the correct tyre pressure for these on a daytona 600. A friend has suggested to stick to the F36 and R42 method for a sports bike. He said he has that on his R1 but to me a complete novice on everything motorbike i am wondering if there would be a specific tyre pressure depending on the bike and tyre i am using or should i just stick with what the manual says regardless of tyre brand.
    I will be getting my bike out of hibernation this weekend so will definitely have to check the tyre pressure before i head out.