Tyre wear supper corsa

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Leegrimo, Jun 20, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    Hello sorry I'm asking for help again lol.
    So I've just done a 15 mile around trip on the street triple.
    looking at the back tyre there's a grove all the way around on both sides.
    It's only just bean done is it just wear ?

image.jpg

2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Check the rear hugger (if fitted), there maybe a possibility a bolt or similar may be just touching the tyre.

3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    It's the different compound line :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    Thanks yes I was told the same thing from a guy in work today

5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Ahh good, when I first collected my bike it had Maxxis Diamonds on which are cone shaped, and when I put a new chain and sprockets on it brought the tyre closer to the hugger and there was a nut that scrapped a groove into the tyre.

Gled yours is more easily explained. Must admit, I don't see those lines on my Metzeler Z8's which are duel compund, but it is a completely different tyre

6. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    I did not think these corsa tyres where duel compound tbh.
    The guy who had it before me must of babied it around town.

7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Pirelli describe the Supercorsa as a bi-compound :)

8. Frugaltail

Frugaltail Guest

These aren't supercorsa they are rossi corsa. Bi compound and it shows quickly when they get hot but tends to disappear after they have cooled down again. You can be naughty when you see the strip ;)

9. Taff Salmon

Taff Salmon Active Member

Aug 22, 2016
    no
    Hi Folks,
    Sorry I'm coming in a bit late to this discussion but I just subscribed this morning.
    I'm on my third pair of Supercorsa's as fitted std to the Speed Triple R.
    I really like 'em. The bike handles superbly and holds the road like velcro.
    I ride in South and Mid Wales mostly so see plenty of rain, and despite the near slick tread pattern I have been amazed that these tyres are better that I would expect in the wet (touch wood?)
    My main gripe is the wear rate which is 3000 miles max.
    I suspect these are a bit "too track spec" for the riding I do, so I am looking for something with a bit more wear resistance.
    I see Pirelli have brought out Diablo Rossi III's
    Anybody tried these?
    They seem to be a bit less "track" than supercorsa's and have more tread pattern so maybe a bit more secure in the wet??
    I'm going to try them this autumn as the supercorsa's are already half way down. I sure won't be using them with minimum tread in the rainy season.
    Cheers
    Taff

10. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    I was looking into the same tyres myself also the pilot road 4. But like you say there not that bad in the wet.

11. Frugaltail

Frugaltail Guest

The closest to super corsa is rosso corsa, rather then the diablo range. They feel just as good on the road with equal Road grip and far better wet weather performance, you usually get about 50% more life from them than super corsa so if your getting g 3k expect 4.5k and they are also quite saving. They are my all time favourite Road rubber along side Metzler m7rr that are also similar in feel with better life.

Hope that helps

12. Taff Salmon

Aug 22, 2016
    no
    Great thanks for the suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frugaltail

Frugaltail Guest

Don't forget that Metzler is owned by pirelli so if you like the big P then the M is definitely worth a try it's just a slightly different product line made by the same people

• Like Like x 1
  14. hic2wo

hic2wo Member

Jun 2, 2016
    edinburgh
    #14 hic2wo, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Ive had the diablo 3 and really liked them , worked fairly well in the rain and felt just like my m7rr which were also good , I got about 3500 miles out the m7rr bit only 1400 out my supercorsas , the roads here in Scotland may be more abrasive ! I am running Bridgestone s 21 just now which are nearly done at 2 k . They are good but easy to take to the edge . I will probably put m7rr on Diablo rosso 3 on next time . I do a lot of miles and like to try different tyres . I must also say I rode a friends gsxs the other day and it was fitted with bridgestone t30s , I was dubious how hard I could push but did never the less and they felt really good .

15. Frugaltail

Frugaltail Guest

Really useful information having the millage comparison, did you find m7rr squared off or wore equally? Not tried them on the speedy yet but am tempted to use either them or the continental sport attack 2. Its tough as Metzler and pirelli have always been so so good, and rosso corsa are always tempting! It may come down to price in the end.

16. hic2wo

hic2wo Member

Jun 2, 2016
    edinburgh
    I have found they wore fairly evenly however most of the roads I ride are twisty and not to far from where I live . The s21 had the oddest wearing pattern . ive used m7rr on my last speed and street triple .If I'm honest I prefer the super corsa to anything but only if its dry and the wear rate would be like feeding a drug habbit lol.

17. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    The corsa's are not as bad in the wet is I was told. I went up the snake pass today for the first time and it was wet raining hard at times.

18. Taff Salmon

Aug 22, 2016
    no
    Agreed. I've done 3 pairs of super corsas in South and Mid Wales which is not a dry area. They are superb in the dry but wear a bit too quickly for road tyres really. I have had no issues with em in the wet but I don't push it in the rain. If it wasn't for the near slick tread pattern I'd stick with em but I have been recommended Rosso corsas as they have more tread pattern which ought to be better in the rain.