Tyre Valves - Why Oh Why

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Jun 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    What sick minded, evil bastid at Triumph decided a straight tyre valve was a good idea on my Scrambler 1200

It’s farking impossible to access, with brake disks, spokes and other bits of shite (technical term) you simply cannot get at the little fellow

Add in a petrol station air- line with a 10 inch rigid end and you may as well take a cheese grater to your hands, waste 20 minutes of your life and £3 in air (when the bloody hell did air become so expensive) oh and end up deflating the farking tyre in the process

Clearly someone screwed up at Triumph by being customer focused for once when designing the Street Twin and spent 1p more on right angled tyre valves, ahh I miss that little bike

Triumph, you are bastids of the highest order

& relax, so when I change tyres to some that give me better grip on the road can I install right angled valves? Cos I’m kinda getting accustomed to spending money rectifying Triumphs shoddy design.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Thanks DD, I have subsequently bought some of these and a home compressor

• Like Like x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Don't leave them on though - only use them to inflate the tyre. :D
    Only saying 'cos I've had to do this with the R nine t.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    You can die of smugness you know mate. :p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    I suggest you buy a foot pump for home and get your tyres the right pressure before hitting the road, and in a more relaxing environment :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Best add getting beaten to death by Scrambler owners to the list then mate! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    19 street triple came with the 90 degree stems, my last bike I had to add them. Across the pond some charge $0.25 for air, some are still free. And some charge $0.25 that's supposed to go to charity.

8. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    19 street triple came with the 90 degree stems, my last bike I had to add them. Across the pond some charge $0.25 for air, some are still free. And some charge $0.25 that's supposed to go to charity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Old dumb arse

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    And for the latest generation of drivers they have no clue, but will take it to the mechanic who will insist on a twice a year air change. That summer air/winter air thing. So soon no stations will have air for liability reasons.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Absolutely, I don't have anyone else to moan to the current Mrs repooh just rolls her eyes and huffs when bikes get mentioned. I typically get "if only you paid as much attention to the decorating as your bloody bike, or so you're off out again on your precious bike r u. Kidderminster's a nice old ride from my place I may pop over and straighten the tyre valves on your Gay Sport, oh er missus.;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1