Two Visor Sizes, Arai Axces 3

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Notso, Jan 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Just ordered the wrong pinlock visor for an Arai Axces 3. There are two kinds of visor, standard and 'Max Vision'. The only way to know is the code on the visor, I have a 'Max Vision' but this name is not mentioned anywhere on the helmet, box or instructions. Lucky for me the Sportsbikeshop have agreed to exchange it as I noticed it looked the wrong size (narrow width) before touching it.

Not all suppliers explain how to decide which one to order so I thought I'd share. After a hunt around the internet I discovered that a code printed on the visor is how to tell.

Standard has SAI printed on the visor.

'Max Vision' has SAI-IC printed on the visor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Sounds familiar. Purchased an Arai two years ago and went through the same palaver trying to make sure I got the right Pinlock. Went for the light reactive one which is excellent and the Max Vision shaped insert is much better than my previous (Arai) visor as it's less visible and is recessed in a bit instead of sitting on the surface. Worth persevering to get the right one.

3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Max vision is narrower!!!

Now that's logic for you.

4. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    Surprised you got the visor off, their release mechanism is like bending a couple of thin twigs, I’m always convinced one of tabs is going to snap.

5. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    #5 Notso, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Yes!
    Pushed the little sticks until they clicked and was convince I had bust them, especially when one didn't seem to seat when I tried replacing it, had to open and close the visor (that was by now plastered in finger prints from focussing on getting the right angle rather than where I was touching!) before the little stick popped up again.

Eldon,
    Oh, the max vision is narrower? Seems like I got to the right answer the wrong way! Have to admit I hoped it would be opposite. I measured the distance between the pins and compared with the distance between the slots on the insert and the 'Max Vision' / SAI-IC visor is 1 - 2cm further apart.